GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old February 21st 2015, 21:57

6 stud pattern of a type IV engine

Hi, I have a total of 3 sets of type IV heads. My problem is I didn't know of the 6 stud applications until it was too late to have it done. Does anyone have pictures of the 6 stud type 4 engine? EMW only does 5 stud.
Old February 26th 2015, 11:23

Havenīt seen it done on a type 4 before. Just make sure the stud spacing is equal.Take a look at what Pauter does. I would also make sure there is enough room in the head for the nuts. I honetly donīt believe that a 6 stud is necessary unless you plan on running huge amounts of boost.
Old February 26th 2015, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Havenīt seen it done on a type 4 before. Just make sure the stud spacing is equal.Take a look at what Pauter does. I would also make sure there is enough room in the head for the nuts. I honetly donīt believe that a 6 stud is necessary unless you plan on running huge amounts of boost.
Hay Mark, I once seen the brothers stud pattern, but I did not save the pic. The only reason I'm trying to find out is because brothers only perform the mod on un-worked engines. Since I'm pretty much in the final stage, I can't see myself spending 1300$ for the process. Also it may not work because I also have the extra spark hole, there may be conflict.
Thanks