GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old November 21st 2002, 19:26

What sort of price would we be talking about for the whole kit:
Rotors, sleeves, hubs etc?
Old November 26th 2002, 02:53

Well I thought about going that route and realized I didn't have the skills. When I started the CSP ventalited disk was not available as it is now. My primary considerations were price, weight, and availability. All this is only revelant if you are using porsche rims as most of the aftermarket rims do not have the necessary off sets. First I machined down a set of CSP Ghia rotors to fit the inside of a set of early light 944 rotors. A hub was made from the Ghia rotors. The ghia rotor was purchased with the Porsche pattern and the holes drilled out to fit Porsche studs. The studs and the outer rim of the hub locate the porsche rotor. There are two reasons I stress using the CSP rotors one is there is suficient thickness of the underbolt area for the modification and the other is that they have the porsche rim locating rim cast in place. Stock Ghia rotors have neither and will not work. As far as the calipers the stock 944 single pot and the four pot are still quite heavy. They all require a custom bracket so I went with a Wilwood racing caliper. It is not DOT approved.
There is alot of other considerations also. Brake mods are serious business. Be careful.