GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 7th 2015, 04:27
effvee effvee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: California
Posts: 697
Porsche oil squirters

Good evening, question, is there any company out there that sells main bearings, that has been modded for oil squirters.

Second question, my main bearings look as if they were made of only aluminum. Greg Riddle modded the bearings, but I am now worried about quality. Any pics of the steel backed ones. Also, what would be considered as the top of the line for type IV main bearings.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 16th 2015, 16:32
brent brent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Good evening, question, is there any company out there that sells main bearings, that has been modded for oil squirters.

Second question, my main bearings look as if they were made of only aluminum. Greg Riddle modded the bearings, but I am now worried about quality. Any pics of the steel backed ones. Also, what would be considered as the top of the line for type IV main bearings.
I did allot of research on this and its hard to beat the genuine original kolbenschmidt bearings, there are allot of others on the market, in questioning my engine builder , he says you can tell straight away the rubbish ones to good ones by the weight.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 16th 2015, 17:21
effvee effvee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: California
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
I did allot of research on this and its hard to beat the genuine original kolbenschmidt bearings, there are allot of others on the market, in questioning my engine builder , he says you can tell straight away the rubbish ones to good ones by the weight.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 18th 2015, 06:13
70Turbobug 70Turbobug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
Kolbenschmidt GERMAN bearings are the best. However,they have been discontinued a few years ago. Those who have NOS bearings hord them. The current Kolbenschmidt bearings are made in Brasil and are not the same quality.
Silverline is garbage. Glyco is pretty good,they have steel backs and are tri-metal.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 18th 2015, 06:59
effvee effvee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: California
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Kolbenschmidt GERMAN bearings are the best. However,they have been discontinued a few years ago. Those who have NOS bearings hord them. The current Kolbenschmidt bearings are made in Brasil and are not the same quality.
Silverline is garbage. Glyco is pretty good,they have steel backs and are tri-metal.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 28th 2015, 16:34
KAFUR1's Avatar
KAFUR1 KAFUR1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: HPT, VA
Posts: 117
i have them installed in my case RIMCO did the work and the supplied the bearing ! hopes this helps ! bob
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 28th 2015, 22:33
effvee effvee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: California
Posts: 697
Hay, Rimco did mine also. I am more looking at a better bearing.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© www.GermanLook.net 2002-2017. All Rights Reserved