GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Transmissions

Old July 26th 2012, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hi, its going slow, having money troubles . But I can do the dirty stuff, I can do it for free . So here's the plan, I want to mock up the trans. It will be much easier if I mock up the trans case empty. I have the side plate off and the diff just come out in your hand freely.

I will have the case dipped cleaned. I will temporary install the tail shaft housing onto the case, without the intermediate gear stack. I'll have my friend make me four blocks the thickness of the intermediate plate for true measurement. I don't think the whole case will be over 40 pounds. Sounds like a plan
Hay, today I made some spacers to replace the intermediate spacer. I need to be able to move the trans around with ease. I still need to mod a front mount.

I also field stripped the front throw out bearing and fork to the T/O bearing. I saw something that I hope I can mod. It looks like the T/O bearing can be opened, well at least I hope so. If so I'll clean up the bearnings and re-lube. Lastly, if I can clean/lube the T/O bearing, I see where I will be able to add a zerk fitting at the twelve o'clock location. I would be able to grease the T/O bearing from time to time. I'll update tommorrow.
Old July 28th 2012, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hay, today I made some spacers to replace the intermediate spacer. I need to be able to move the trans around with ease. I still need to mod a front mount.

I also field stripped the front throw out bearing and fork to the T/O bearing. I saw something that I hope I can mod. It looks like the T/O bearing can be opened, well at least I hope so. If so I'll clean up the bearnings and re-lube. Lastly, if I can clean/lube the T/O bearing, I see where I will be able to add a zerk fitting at the twelve o'clock location. I would be able to grease the T/O bearing from time to time. I'll update tommorrow.

Hi, what's nice about having the internals out is, the weight. It's maybe 40 pounds. However I will need to just install the shift rod back into the trans for location. The internals are in very good condition, but all seals were hard a stone, before they would flex; they would crack. Does anyone have a shift pattern for the 902 transmission. 901/902/ 902 for the 911. I found out yesterday that the 912 also came in a 4 speed. Mine is 5 speed, I think for the early 911.
Old August 19th 2012, 11:50

O boy

Hi, well I removed the stock trans nose mount. I bought some strut bars thinking it could be modded. But it will not work, I feel in order to get further sucess, I'll just buy the front and rear trans mount from Alex. I still try my hand at the shifter linkage.