GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old April 1st 2013, 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman69 View Post
Ever heard of copyright or intellectual property?
I hope the chineses do the same thing and undercut you by 50%
Harsh and Critical, but true... I'm thinking those that mold the bumper and spoiler as one piece can escape this IP/Copyright conflict.

Best of luck to the Turks making new parts!
Old April 2nd 2013, 22:24

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Thatīs all common practice nowadays.The parts are only as good as the molds under them.Which is why Remmele parts fit properly and most others donīt.Generally, at least here in Europe,most of them are copies from Remmele: doors,fenders,fan shrouds and intake system,side air inlets.
^^^^ And people wonder why Eddie doesn't like doing Buisness, or screws with the international customers.

Hell, rumor on the street is that someone here in Toronto re-pop'd a pair of Remelle's carbon running boards.

I'd be upset too.
Old April 4th 2013, 16:06

If actual copyrights and/or patents are being violated, I'm 100% against it. So far, I am reading conjecture and suppositions fortified with opinions.

As for Remmelle, it is 100% his choice if he doesn't want to deal with international customers. But wasn't the complaint with him (or the company) he took money for ordered parts and then did nothing? If that is the case, I don't care what happened to him, his company or his family members; he has no right to steal money and then hide an ocean away.

In the meantime, let's see some documentation or genuine testimony before every last person takes a turn at being a junior Perry Mason.
Old April 6th 2013, 05:10

Quote:
If actual copyrights and/or patents are being violated, I'm 100% against it. So far, I am reading conjecture and suppositions fortified with opinions.

As for Remmelle, it is 100% his choice if he doesn't want to deal with international customers. But wasn't the complaint with him (or the company) he took money for ordered parts and then did nothing? If that is the case, I don't care what happened to him, his company or his family members; he has no right to steal money and then hide an ocean away.
Part of the copycat problem is it costs too much money and time to file a patent,itīs just not worth it and the patent is time limited anyway.Things like a running board,fender,hood,door you wonīt get a patent on it because that is essentially a copy also,only with a different material and itīs not a competition to an OEM part.As for Remmele stealing money...donīt believe everything you hear/read on the internet and it is simply not true.If you have a business,you wonīt get away with it - there are agencies that specialize in global commerce and it is just as easy to file a lawsuit on a company across the pond as it is locally,it just costs more.There is always 2 sides to the story.That said,every shop or company has had issues with customers and always will.My opinion is,if I had been ripped off a couple thousand dollars by a company as some people say they have been,I find it hard to believe that they havenīt done anything about it, except gripe on the internet.As for doing business across the pond...the main problem is shipping these bulky parts.Not every carrier will ship them and if they do,itīs expensive.Itīs not the weight itīs the size of the package after packing.Remmele himself has given up on getting mad about other companies copying his products.For one thereīs not much he can do about it as he says that would be worth it,and the second thing is,most do not even come close to the quality.
Old April 6th 2013, 09:06

My point still stands.
He is copying other peoples stuff.
Just because everyone on the world does it nowadays doesn't mean it's a good thing.
I liked Alex's parts designs and could have easliy copied them but i didn't and paid him good money for his work.
As for wide glass fenders, no i havent noticed that they are all copies in europe because i live in Australia.
I bought my wide glass guards from the designer VVDS, i could have gone down the road and bought copies from another company but........
Old April 6th 2013, 14:11

Sorry for the delay guys, we had some problem and trying to fix those problems.

We have produced a sample Kamei Spoiler from triaxiel efabric. The price is will be 100USD + shipping it will be served with the black paint if you want (included in the price)

Here you can watch the stress test for the product we have produced. The carbon kamei is not ready yet but you guys can use this product too, its strong as carbon fiber but doesnt look handsome like carbon fiber you need to paint it or buy it with black paint.

http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=kIS3xzqsRuk

here is the painted version of the exactly same spoiler on the video not the new one..

Old April 8th 2013, 06:15

Quote:
I liked Alex's parts designs and could have easliy copied them but i didn't and paid him good money for his work.
Me too.Although the uniball set up is nearly identical to Remmele's set up that he developed over 20 years ago that I have in my bug.I'm not criticising Alex for it since there aren't really many options on such a uniball set up.
Old April 9th 2013, 04:20

I'm done with "copy parts" it just causes issues down the line. My steering rack install is still on hold whilst I get the time to get home and re-engineer everything to get it to fit - bought in good faith that the kit had been developed. It had not.

After substantial investment in time and modification it still isn't anywhere near right. To be honest, I'm at the point of getting it correctly fitted then reverse engineering the thing and re-making it from more accurate parts and better fit materials

Tags
body kit, body parts, carbon, carbon fiber