GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old December 22nd 2004, 15:18

Baywindow Dashpanel with Porsche Gauges

Made using a nice used baywindow dashpanel, brandnew Porsche gauges and new large Hella warning lights. Used for only 25270 Km (from late 2001 to early 2003). Fully functional. With basic VW wiring knowledge it installs easily using included and existing wiring and terminals, no modifications to original wiring required. Night time lighting functional and prewired, just slip the little terminal onto your stock light switch dimmer. Fuel, oil pressure, speed in Km/h, odometer in Km, tripmeter in Km, clock, warning light for high beam in the speedometer, separate oil pressure and alternator/generator light. There is a small unused warning light (orange) in the fuel gauge, barely visible when not in use (not marked with a symbol) and could be used for turnsignal or something similar. Porsche 924 oil pressure sender required in place of original oil pressure switch to complete installation, Porsche PN 047 919 561, it is not included and requires healthy engine as it will switch the oil pressure warning light at a higher (safer) pressure than stock, the oil light may flicker earlier when the engine is hot, when I suspected that the engine was running hotter than usual, I simply let it idle and watched the light, if it was flickering I knew I had to ease off the throttle a little and let it cool. Probably a standard VDO sender would work as well, I just never tried or tested it. An extra wire must be ran from the oil pressure switch location on engine to the oil pressure gauge or one of the two wires for the taillights could be used for this purpose while the remaining one can be used to supply power to the taillights and the license plate light. Accepts original speedometer cable. Comes with original fasteners. The round knob is to reset the tripmeter (rotates), in a 911 it is hidden under the dash. It can be converted to RHD by rotating the gauges in the panel, though the defroster symbol would be upside down and may have to be polished off. Note that this is the rare 300 Km/H speedometer. Excellent condition, no damage, evidence of moisture, no chipped paint, oxidation, very clean set. Please make reasonable offer (over 200 Euro) @ brian@karrera.net.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166440.jpg (32.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 166441.jpg (26.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 166442.jpg (25.0 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by verbeekb; December 28th 2004 at 11:51.
Old December 22nd 2004, 18:24

very clean mod. cheers.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 22nd 2004, 18:33

Thanks.. I know I always enjoyed having them right in front of me.

Cheers,

Brian
Old January 3rd 2005, 11:08

Sale Pending
Old January 12th 2005, 08:35

Sold!

It found a new home in a Dutch fire truck (panel).