GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Feedback, Suggestions, & Help

View Poll Results: Do you have a genuine interest in attending a GermanLook.com Meet and Greet in June?
Yes. I am willing to head to Atlanta, GA for a weekend of fun. 10 58.82%
No. Not interested or unable to make the trip. 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3rd 2005, 14:15

GermanLook.com Meet and Greet???

A question out to all. My time is pretty stretched, but I have wanted to do a GermanLook.com Meet and Greet for some time. I am willing to put in the time and effort (and will be asking for help I'm sure) if there would be enough honest interest and follow through.

Here is what I proposed (off the top of my head mostly):
The VKG has the Grosses Wochenende event in mid-June. This event starts with attendance at the Heart of Dixie VW Show which is the only Metro Atlanta VW car show there is. It usually has 80-100 cars in attendance I believe. We head out of there are 1:00 or 2:00 and head up GA400 to the North Georgia Mountains for a drive through some twisties. We then stop in Helen, GA (a sudo-German village in the mountains) around dinner time to gab some food. Then it is off to the local go-cart track (in-door carts that haul a$$, just ask the guys from last year) for some fun. Hotels are abundant in the area. Group pricing arrangements would be made. Sunday breakfast, hang out and maybe shoot the Hooch (which means a 2-mile or so tube ride down the Chattahooche River back into Helen). By mid-day, all to their own.

Again, just one thought off the top of my head. I realize the logistics of this could present some challenges for those that have to fly in. We can figure out ride partners or just abuse the rental car.

NOTE: There may be a German Look oriented surprise that I can arrange. I have made the proposal, but need to firm up the plan. It will be a great motiviator for many to come though. I will update you.

So place a vote as to whether or not you have a serious interest in this. I know it would require major travel for most. So if you will commit to at least a genuine interest, I will commit to the arrangements. If you have an interest in assisting in arrangements (which are honestly pretty minimal), let me know. I will post a separate thread for attendance commitments if/when appropiate. So this vote is only for interest.

Interest voting will need to be closed by early March to make arrangements in time. So limited time to vote.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design