GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 2004, 21:41
Administrator

At this point all I can offer you is a couple links for you to get information.
http://shoptalkforums.com/viewforum....0f575bf83b257c

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewforum....0f575bf83b257c

I guess you could hone the 94 jugs if they are srait to start with. If you "Make up for it" and add boost you will add heat that the iron jugs may not be able to get rid of, but I already said that (said lots of other stuff too). With out a proven combo you could spend lots of money only to find out that it will not cool or run right at all. Do your home work and get the right combo. I have never built a turbo air-cooled but I have seen a couple of small type 1 combo's that ended up scrapped because the "turbo kit" was not supported after the sale and the suggested combo was all wrong. First you need to know the little tricks of an air cooled engine and a type 4 inparticular. If you have never built an air-cooled engine, I don't think a performance type 4 turbo engine is one you need to start with. You have asked for advice in many areas of engine work, that leads me to believe that you don't have alot of experience or knowledge when it comes to these engines. They are not like the radiator laden engines you have tinkered with in the past. That is why I directed you to Jake. You may end up throwing good money after bad trying to make a bad combo work or you can let a leader in the feild give you a turn-key combo that will work and give you years of service. That is what a resposible moderator should do. There are 1 mabey 2 other reputable type 4 builders that I could recomend and a few that I would not recomend to anyone. One thing that I would not do is start on an engine like this with little to no experience or with out the guidance of someone that I know has the experience.
Thats all I can do is try to give you the best guidance I can. And I have. My work here is done.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe

Last edited by NO_H2O; July 11th 2004 at 23:43.