GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old December 12th 2006, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbturbo View Post
This **** must be worldwide.Took the seats from my Oval in 4 months ago to the supposedly best trimmer around.They are to be done in black leather and in the same style as my NB Beetle.I was promised a finish date at end of second week in November-after a few one sided phone calls to even get a quote.As of 19th Nov still no quote-so got my Brother to go pick everything up and take to another Trimmer(I was in New Zealand from 19 Nov until 8th December) He gave up the front buckets to my Bro but claims the back ones are in his Van somewhere and doesn't where it is.I rang when I got home(8th Nov) and the back seats are still missing and because I took the job from him-the missing seats are now my problem.What a ****wit.Wouldn't normally worry-would just get some more,but I had to modify the 2 back seats to clear the body mods when I fitted the Auto trans.Going to see the Police tomorrow.

Holy crap Gary - sorry to hear you are having lots of trouble with the trimmer. Can't wait to see your oval all done!
Alan

kleinporsche, sorry to hear you too had troubles, I can empathise with you both!
Old December 22nd 2006, 01:10

Finally I decided to sell out my beetle It turned out that the only thing good on this car was the chassis and it was Swing axle.... I decided to keep All the parts I had bougth and collected and sold the whole for 400$. The good news is I've found a d%$?%&med good mecanic for my bug!!!! He will help me find a more solid bug. Probably a 1302 if I can find one. or any BJ/IRS 1600 bug, and he's going to help me build an engine. Wish me luck.