GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old October 22nd 2007, 19:29

1965 Panel Ratbus

1965 Panel benchseat. Had a full camper conversion, but I welded up the roof and got rid of the interior. There is a 1967 white rear seat installed. The front bench seat has been recovered in beige vinyl.

About 2 years ago I fixed most of the rust issues in the front wheel wells. The crago floor was 'glassed over, and would require replacement eventually, but its strong and sound now. Rear corners are amazingly clean, and the area under the battery is holy, but has been patched. Cargo door bottoms will require replacement. Drivers lower hinge requires welding, and both doors are very clean with no through rust . Front footwells have been pop-rivet patched by PO. Metal wise the car is almost legal, there is some rust (about a quater size hole) in the passenger side dogleg. The rear driver dogleg is rough. All of the green paint on the side is original, and so is the interior paint.

12V conversion with alternator. Everything electrical works ('cept the wiper motor is still 6V, it works but very quickly).

4.5" narrowed adjustable beam with 3.5" spindles. 944 Porsche front disk brakes. IRS rear conversion with 944 disk brakes. 100mm stub axles in the IRS arms. All new metal and rubber brake lines. Rotors and pads have 8Kmiles on them, the calipers were rebuilt at the same time. Rebuilt 944 Master cylinder installed. Front and rear 944 swaybars. For a breadbox, this thing handles and brakes very well.

3.88 IRS tranny, with 1600DP motor with 1 3/8" header and 34 weber ICT (Italian) carbs. Recent tuneup with points, plugs, wires, cap, rotor etc. Runs very well and will cruise all day long at 75-80mph any heat issues.

15x6 Porsche cookie cutters with 175/55 (Continental) front and 185/60 (Goodyear) rear tires. Again, about 8K on the tires. I have 17" boxster wheels also, but that would be extra. New KYB GR2 shocks all around. New cables (speedo, brake, clutch).

Wolfgang stainless safaris in the front.

CD radio with fosgate amp and 2 12" subs, and 4 x 6.5" speakers in the doors.
Bus has been my frequent ride for the last 2 years. I've always stored it in the winters. It gets CRAZY looks everywhere.

Please no dreamers, time wasters, tire-kickers, low ballers or nigerian investors.

Car in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
lannerengineering@yahoo.com

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=519609

Last edited by flat; October 22nd 2007 at 19:30.
Old October 23rd 2007, 10:07
Administrator

What happened to turboing the 1600 ?

Sandeep
Old October 23rd 2007, 19:08

We'll see. If there are no takers then the project keeps on tickin...