GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old February 8th 2015, 16:48

This is the Porsche version of what I will end up with. My build of headers to turbo to intercooler to intake is based on this design.

Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old February 10th 2015, 12:30

That would be the ideal solution, but thatīs going to be a tight fit under the apron and to be honest,I donīt believe there will be enough room. Thatīs basically the same idea I had,but after measuring and comparing on another bug in my shop....thereīs no way to do it and keep it under the apron and decklid. You may have to relocate your intercooler from itīs present position also if it is going to fit under the decklid. The cam wheel cover on the DOHC suby takes up quite bit and makes it longer than a type 4. You could move the trans/motor package forward a couple of inches requiring you to cut the torsion tube and the frame horn. Even then it will be real tight.

Mark
Old February 11th 2015, 17:08

Apron and deck Lid? I don't need no apron and the deck lid will be short like the RSR. I am thinking of making it Matt black with Martini stripes. Widow maker paint job, maybe appropriate when the boost is up...

For sure the engine exhaust and turbo placement rule out an apron. Just like the RSR lost the center of the bumper and it didn't have a muffler to put ther either.
Old February 12th 2015, 09:49

Ah ok,didnīt know what your plan was There was Porsche 918 during itīs developement stages that had a matt black paint job with the Martini stripes and logos...looked pretty bad ass!
Old December 3rd 2015, 22:06

Well the longer it takes the more changes happen. I have received some Remmele parts for my Billet engine so at the request of the spousal unit to keep the convert a street car, the 2.8L Billet is going in. Here are a few photos of the Billet Remmele Motorsport heads with the LN Engineering Nickies I purchased here almost 10 years ago...

Old December 3rd 2015, 22:09

come closer...

Old December 3rd 2015, 22:19

More Remmele parts are on the way and will be posted as they arrive. None of this would have been possible without the help of 70TurboBug Mark. Thanks to Mark for being the intermediary on all the ordering, taking delivery of the parts in Germany and then shipping them to me in New Mexico. The plans for the engine are 102 Nickie cylinders, JE FSR billet pistons, and 80mm SCAT billet crankshaft. I am talking with Pauter about some rods. The build will be slow as it absorbs lots of money and then has to wait while I earn more! I am hoping to get an early G50 transmission and cram it into the chassis. More to come...
Old December 5th 2015, 04:53

Nice! Great parts collection!
BTW there's an early G50 for sale from a vw guy over here for a bid over 2000 euro iirc.
Old December 5th 2015, 15:55

I have a hook on a RS America transmission with 40,000 miles, but we are working on the price. He wants $4,000. And I don't...
Old December 10th 2015, 12:16

Whatīs up the 930 trans? Wallyīs suggestion is an excellent price. Currently, early G50īs are running between 3500-5500 Euros used and not overhauled. For that price,I would rather spend an extra 1k and get a new Mendeola and have a shorter shift pattern also. I love G50īs but there are those evil parts trolls that buy up the market and jack the prices up. Itīs not really worth it anymore. Going with the suby trans conversion will cost just as much and the suby 5 speed is much weaker, I donīt care what others say,they are no where near as strong as a G50 or Mendeola and are much weaker than the 6 speed suby trans,also. For my turbo project, I will eventually go with a Rhino case and all Weddle gears or Kuplapaya from Finnland.That should do for my use just fine. As of now I have a Rancho pro-street plus,which probably will not last long..
Old December 8th 2016, 03:58

I am continuing this build slowly but surely again now with the subi and a 2007 GT3 transmission I just bought. The build is on Facebook as Psycho Beetle.
Old December 9th 2016, 11:35

post up a link.
Old December 9th 2016, 17:55

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRSi View Post
Well the longer it takes the more changes happen. I have received some Remmele parts for my Billet engine so at the request of the spousal unit to keep the convert a street car, the 2.8L Billet is going in. Here are a few photos of the Billet Remmele Motorsport heads with the LN Engineering Nickies I purchased here almost 10 years ago...

Hey, why isn't the site administrator banning this type of eye candy
Old December 11th 2016, 01:55

The sad thing is all those parts have been sitting waiting for other Remmele parts. Maybe soon. That engine will go in my Manx. The Bug build can be seen on Facebook as Psycho Beetle. Working on it again this month. Been working too much to get much of anything done.
Old December 17th 2017, 01:20
Administrator

Looks like the Facebook link is here: https://m.facebook.com/PSYCHO-BEETLE-278172909189251/