GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old April 28th 2020, 06:53

Imohr from Brazil

Hi,

During my browsing for suspension ideas for my 1303 I came across the site of Imohr from Brazil.
Anyone familiair with this brand?

https://imohr.com.br/en/products/8
Old April 28th 2020, 11:09

I've seen their stuff online, and it looks promising!
Old April 28th 2020, 14:26
Administrator

I've got some friends building cars in Canada with their products, and they seem to think they're high quality. No one that I know of has tested the suspensions on a race track or similar, to really determine how good they are. I've got a project in the pipeline that will be using both the front and rear setup, but that is a couple of years off at this point. I heavily considered it for the red '68 beetle, if we weren't in a virus-shut-down situation, I probably would have pulled the trigger on it.
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap
Old April 29th 2020, 05:50

ok, pricing looks fine to me and it looks like good quality.
Other brands here in Europe are kinda expensive....

I keep these in mind
Old June 17th 2020, 19:14

I'm just getting back into the forums but wanted to share that I've just received both the front and rear setup from Imhor - I went for their STR version of the front setup as I have spindles that I've already adapted through Lanner @ vdubengineering for the 944 stuff. I'll get some photos hosted up and shared out soon. If anyone has any questions, let me know - I'm up in seattle and have gone through the entire "inquiry > Purchase > Shipping > Customs > Delivery > Unpacking" and am in the process of getting my chassis prepared to install over the next few weeks and will share out the build elsewhere.
Old June 18th 2020, 02:23

whoah, you have my attention. please share the progress. I bet the rest of the forum want to see the pics too!
Old June 18th 2020, 14:13
Administrator

I'd love for you to post some details of the welds. That's the only negative thing I've heard (so far). A buddies shop here in BC has built a couple of cars with the Imhor setup, but it appears they are all garage queens and no one that I know has actually driven the setups hard.
Old June 18th 2020, 15:13

I will do - I'm not a welder by any means and so don't know "good from bad" but do know boogers from what look to be quality welds without being able to speak to penetration. My build is purely intended to be driven as hard as I can drive it. Which is why I'm going this direction. The parts are super clean, they seem to be very well engineered with loads of adjustment and polished finish. The guys at Imhor were great to deal with, worked with my customer requests re: sway bar addition etc. I spoke with a few other guys that have at least the front ends on their cars, one of which is a EJ25+NOS mid-engine bug that will be hitting the roads soon and that dude is for sure a hard driver, so he might be the first to totally beat on those parts for a review. Stay tuned as I ramp up!
Old June 18th 2020, 16:46

Let see if this works. This is the front and rear, unpackaged but still on the shipping pallet.

You'll also peek at my fuel tank, and the parts I'm pulling together to build out the rest of the rear setup.
I've also got an alternate steering setup that might get used which is an inverted Subaru STI JDM RHD Power Steering rack - which I might use as I'm running an STI engine which has the PS pump on it just need custom PS lines - for now I'll stick with what they included.

And here is a full gallery on my personal site of the unboxing / detailed photos of the parts so you can have a peak. They are raw and some or mis-oriented but you can tilt your head easily enough to see the details.

Last edited by jmd; June 18th 2020 at 16:52.
Old June 18th 2020, 17:02
Administrator

Thank you for posting these!

And after going through your photos, I now understand what some of my friends who had seen them in person were talking about:

Here's the thing, those welds aren't necessarily "bad", but I would be tempted to sandblast the parts to confirm them. I talked it over with a fabricating buddy of mine when I was considering ordering the full front/rear setup (before I bought the red car) and we agreed that we can't reverse engineer the setup for less than they are charging. Even if we have to re-make a couple of their parts, we are far better off both economically and time wise.

-Dave
Old June 18th 2020, 17:16

Yes, owdlvr - Agree those are my only questions and will have them blasted when I do my chassis. I have a local race shop that I'd have re-tig / reinforce these parts for me if that's required. For the price, it was totally worth giving it a shot. I've also put a deposit on their "Full track" version of all the a-arms (just the arms/hardware) with all rose/heim joints and hardware but will start with this setup as is for the start of my build.
Old June 18th 2020, 17:19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd View Post
Yes, owdlvr - Agree those are my only questions and will have them blasted when I do my chassis. I have a local race shop that I'd have re-tig / reinforce these parts for me if that's required. For the price, it was totally worth giving it a shot. I've also put a deposit on their "Full track" version of all the a-arms (just the arms/hardware) with all rose joints and hardware but will start with this setup as is for the start of my build.
Yup, can't lose with the price.

Having run full rose joints on a street car (my Audi quattro rally car that I drove, fully caged, for years). I would suggest you don't go full rose joint on a car you're going to put miles on. I was replacing the rose joints minimum once a year, usually twice. Roughly 35,000km per year on the car.

The Audi arms we built, and later sold the design to 034 Motorsports:
Old June 18th 2020, 17:24

yeah - that was my instinct - my daily B7S4 is built out with solid mount everything etc. and it beats the car pretty hard. So for this, because I plan for this car to get lots of use was to go "softer" initially and if I didn't like it I could always swap out as the parts are interchangable. Those are sweet arms and nice one on the pattern sale! Love me a rallied out Quattro - pics/vids?
Old June 18th 2020, 19:35
Administrator

So I don't derail the Imhor thread further: https://www.germanlook.net/forums/sh...2197#post92197
Old June 21st 2020, 13:42

That's a lovely build, owdlvr - thanks for the post.