GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 28th 2004, 09:00

If selling a GL, don't paint it ... yet

Hi,

If anyone is building a GL with the intent of selling it down the road (so to speak), please don't paint it until you contact me.

This is just a little pre-emptive strike as I have seen a good ten or so GLers or perfect candidates to be a GLer in the past year or so that was painted beautifully in a color with which I would have no interest. I end up passing on a car that I would have loved to buy otherwise because I don't want to pay effectively for two paint jobs -- the nice one it got and the nice one I want.

(As a matter of interest, few of those cars were listed here but if this post points me in the direction of finally getting the right candidate, that would be very, very nice.)
Old January 15th 2005, 06:55

are you interested in a '72 super?
i was thinking of selling it in the summer with possibly a new coat of paint, and the stock motor and tranny back in. the golf VR6 interior, suspension, bars, and brakes will remain in it. it was a Cali car up till '82ish?. was repainted in '86 and hasn't seen snow/salt since. have owned since '82ish. car is solid and paint looks good after almost 20years. very little surface rust behind driver rear window, and the rain gutters.
just a thought.

i would keep it, but i'm running low on space, and i want to get the '52 split done.

thanks,
Pete
Old January 15th 2005, 17:33

You found a post of mine from last June? Bless your heart. A month after posting that shot-in-the-dark request, I bought a '71. Yours sounds good and I would have considered it if I were still looking. I would say next stop is a 1303 but a car for my daughter will probably come sooner. She would love your '72 as a birthday present but the local constabulary may have other thoughts on a 14 year old driving about. Good luck and thanks for responding to my post.
Old January 15th 2005, 21:26

i was looking in the wanted section, and saw your post. it was late last night, so i typed it up and noticed your posted date afterwards.
i figured, "why delete?"