GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old April 10th 2015, 23:13

What size rims are you running? I have been looking for a set of phone dials in 16X8 if you have any leads.
Old April 11th 2015, 00:17

I'm running 16x7's -- there were a ton floating around for a while but there are a lot 15" on www.thesamba.com in their ads -- search phone dial

here's some NEW 16's -- grab your ankles -- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1770681

Last edited by Fiatdude; April 11th 2015 at 00:30.
Old April 11th 2015, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannermanager View Post
Nice post Fiat, not taking it all to serious and having fun, what's the point if you never laugh out loud! rare and interesting engine build, , any more pics?, what was up with the old injection setup?
I'll dig up some more pics of the engine build -- might take me a while-----

As far as the Electromotive EFI -- I'm thinking now that I've heard all these horror stories on Weather-pack connectors, I'm thinking it might be those connectors, as the whole harness was custom made using them -- -- and I just got the TecGT box back from the factory and it checked out all OK -- at least my 'new' crimper will be here Monday and I can get back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O View Post
Thanks for sharing. Nice build.thanks for hanging in there while we sorted things out.
No Problem -- I realized it was out of your control, and hoped that there was a solution... Thanks for helping me out
Old April 12th 2015, 23:10

Great read, glad your still hanging around here
Old April 13th 2015, 23:17

In the never ending saga of the weirdest chit happens to me -- -- -- -- I bring you the ordering of the Metri-pack Crimpers

So, I had bought a chit load of Weather-pack connectors thinking that they were the best, I run into Scott Featheroff at Drag Day and he proceeds to tell me the only way to go is Metri-pack and points me at all the problems the Scorpion were having with their ignition cutting out during tire shake. So I talk to Chad and I'm converted.... SO, I buy a big box of Metri-pack connectors, stupidly thinking that the big buck weather-pack crimper I've got will work .. .. .. oooops, Stupid me -- -- So now I'm needing a Metri-pack crimper -- -- OK, I go on Flea-bay last Monday and buy a moderately priced one and click the 2 day shipping box -- cool, I'm ready to go -- -- I get the shipping confirmation, and with nothing else to do while waiting for these crimpers, I start following their journey to me -- Tuesday they're shipped from Texas, OK -- -- Wednesday they are in Oklahoma, ??? --- Thursday they are Kansas, WTF -- Friday they are Colorado, This is getting plain stupid -- Saturday they are in Vernon, CA,,, Cool at least its the right state -- Sunday,,, Nothings happens on Sunday -- -- MONDAY 7 DAYS LATER, at 4pm I receive them,,, That's right, I get 2 pairs of crimpers. I only paid for one -- -- And the kicker, the return address is from Orange CA

So, in my best Ricky Ricardo voice "Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do !!!"
Old April 15th 2015, 22:22

Old April 17th 2015, 09:09

It is called 'The NoGhia Project' -- I think I'll just call it BadAss

Old April 17th 2015, 10:39

Niiice
Old April 19th 2015, 23:28

Finally found a little time today to finish wiring up the cam and crank sensors -- -- The AEM cables to both has some strange stuff going on that I was waiting to hear from AEM before I finished wiring them in --- through out the harness they have used black as ground, red as power and white or green as the signal wires -- WELL,,,, suddenly in these cables, the ground was the white wire and black and green were signal and at least red stayed power -- .. .. .. -- It didn't make any sense to me either, that is why I checked with the factory and asked why they went stupid -- -- Put a good work out with my new Metri-pack crimper and it worked neat -- requires two crimps to do each connector unlike the weather-pack, but it was still nice

I'm switching over to Mario's crank wheel and also going to a Honeywell GT101 hall effect sensor -- Mario's wheel comes with a VR sensor and it required a bunch of playing to get the 101 a place to fit as it is 3/8" longer, So I made a bracket and had to move it up a few degrees from where Mario has his placed... Big difference between the Electromotive (60-2) and Mario's (30-1) ...... here's a picture of the back of both crank pulleys

Old April 25th 2015, 01:48

LMAO -- Google Street View -- Me and the Ghia

Old May 10th 2015, 21:59

Had the infamous ice maker leak which destroyed the wood and carpet flooring on the whole bottom floor -- and a couple of cabinets -- -- so been fighting the good fight with the insurance company and the hardest part has been trying to get in touch with the adjustor -- he has the whole Orange County, plus the San Bernardino and Riverside counties -- which is almost half the total area of SoCal --

Needless to say the Ghia isn't going to be ready for Fontana next weekend -- THIS has been my current project -- 1/4 of the way done and this is sucking so hard to get it right -- --

Old May 14th 2015, 10:30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-Jet-...a0ed85&vxp=mtr
Old June 1st 2015, 23:13

I was cleaning up a old tool box I don't use anymore, giving it to the brother-in-law, and I closed it for the first time in years -- -- Damn, I've had this for a long time LOL

Old June 10th 2015, 23:14

Wellllllll, It's almost officially finished -- "The Kitchen Fixin' From the Ice Maker Flood" -- Still got a 20' container of stuff out in the driveway to get back into the house, but as far as I'm concerned my part is finished LOL -- -- 72 days of H E L L -- Now I've got two days to get the Ghia ready for FASATIVUS at California Speedway, It ain't gonna happen kiddies, not unless 25 people are knocking at the door tomorrow and are planning on camping out for 2 days (teach me to buy tickets in advance)....

Here's what the kitchen looked like after the flood and the flooring removed------

And here is the kitchen and Family room today -- -- ---

Old July 7th 2015, 16:16

So way back in November of last year, there was that thing going around where California was going to reissue Black and Yellow plates for cars up until 1969 -- Well, my '70 Ghia was manufactured and sold in late '69, so I thought I'd give it a shot and mailed my documentation in -- It has been so long I had forgotten about it in fact --

And then today in the mail, -- -- -- Oh happy day