GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old October 10th 2004, 20:26

If you've tried to contact them to no avail, then I think you've done your duty. If you are copying these for the cost of materials and time and not for"profit" then I doubt there will be an issue. I've been trying for 10 years to get material like this from over there from folks like Klaus Morhammer. The material is just not available. Please help those of us out that are dedicated to this style of tuning and let us have this bit of our history as a point of reference. :agree:
Old October 10th 2004, 21:13

Maybe Alex could send them to me so I can view and make a copy to preserve the media for future generations. An archive of sorts...

Perhaps we should archive them in at least thirty locations around the world to hedge against natural disasters...

This would not be done for profit or resale.

Thanks,

Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old October 10th 2004, 22:07

I would be willing to gaurd one of those copies in my DVD vault. :agree:
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old October 10th 2004, 22:30

put it up on kazaa for a day or so, just let us know when haha. i wont tell if you dont.
Old October 11th 2004, 02:24

less talk lets get to watching no fair that one or two of you have seen this footage.... waaaa i want to see too

plans

power 13b Turbo Rotary 300 hp
Wheels 18" turbo twists
inside Sparco blue racing seats
Sparco pedels, wheel, and shifter nob

Sparco Rep Andrew @ www.pilotracegear.com Good deals on Sparco stuff
Old October 13th 2004, 23:36

Hey i found these videos online check them out here

plans

power 13b Turbo Rotary 300 hp
Wheels 18" turbo twists
inside Sparco blue racing seats
Sparco pedels, wheel, and shifter nob

Sparco Rep Andrew @ www.pilotracegear.com Good deals on Sparco stuff
Old October 19th 2004, 01:25

wow, still no luck on this!? bummer.
Old October 20th 2004, 00:11

So Alex how about the loaner program?

Thanks,

Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old December 29th 2004, 22:44

Question

hello,

any sucess in contacting the original producer or whoever has the rights to these? Other sites have historical content (ie Datsun Roadster community) like books and what not fully converted to PDF form. This is of course with the authors consent... why must we suffer! j/k

--Cat
Old December 31st 2004, 13:58

The Käfer-Cup was organized by Klaus Moorhammer and Hubert Hottinger. Hubert Hottinger sells part time (?) Porsche Parts, this year I saw him at the Bitburg Racetrack (DAS Drag Day).
Some Käfer Cup cars now race at the Divinol Cup (Race Series), I remember the Raschig team, Dirk Torwesten... Other race in their spare time 4-6 times a year at the DSK (Deutscher Sportfahrer Kreis = German Sportsdriver Community) "freies fahren" (Free driving) at the Hockenheimring, Nürburgring Grand Prix Race Track or the Nordschleife. The event "freies fahren" is for private drivers, everybody can attend and show his/her skills... This year I saw 2 bugs and 1 VW Bus with 993 engine driving.

Maybe the German company "MPS-Medien Post Shop, 45678 Herten" sells Käfer-Cup Videos, BUT I don't know if this company still exists. They advertised in a magazine called "VW Scene".

At May 1st, there will be the "Maikäfer Treffen", with about 1000 cars, a really big swap meet, many dealers (GWD, Knuf, CSP) and the VW Speed, VW Scene & WOB magazine - may be I find there videos or meet Klaus Moorhammer, Hubert Hottinger or someone of the German VW press...

I have a video where three T3 VW busses with Porsche engines (993, 996) race against each other at the Hockenheimring, but it is 370 MB Mpeg big...

Norbert
Old December 31st 2004, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisblau

I have a video where three T3 VW busses with Porsche engines (993, 996) race against each other at the Hockenheimring, but it is 370 MB Mpeg big...

Norbert

Norbert I have heard of these T3 busses, I have been told that some of the drivers power slide their busses around some of the corners at up to 100MPH.. about 160 KPH (I don't know how true this is)

I would love to see this Mpeg
Old January 1st 2005, 02:40

Käfer Cup and Porsche Busses

Yes, you heard it right! The Porsche busses are really fast up to 230km/h and sometimes even more. Last year I had the opportunity to drive the silver one on the pictures attached on the autobahn (motorway?), you have to concentrate very much. You are from the UK right? Maybe you have seen us at the Volkworld Show 2002, where we were invited by Ian McCuttcheon. On the way back to Germany, my friend got a speeding ticket in Belgium, he drove 100km/h more than allowed
I could burn the video on CD and send it to you, but may be someone have got the time and know how to put this video on this web site, I also have a lot of pictures from some european VW shows...

On the attached pictures:
The silver bus (Carrera Bus) is equipped with a 993 300HP engine with 993RS gearbox, on the 2nd picture you see from l to r: Silver carrera bus as above, Bus from swiss with 993 carrera engine and a camper with complete 996 engine, gearbox and brakes.
I also scanned an old article from 1992 which was printed in a magazine called VW Scene...

Norbert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bus1.jpg (73.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg bus2.jpg (72.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg scene1.jpg (63.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg scene2.jpg (75.8 KB, 103 views)
Old January 1st 2005, 17:32

Quote:
Yes, you heard it right! The Porsche busses are really fast up to 230km/h and sometimes even more. Last year I had the opportunity to drive the silver one on the pictures attached on the autobahn (motorway?), you have to concentrate very much. You are from the UK right? Maybe you have seen us at the Volkworld Show 2002, where we were invited by Ian McCuttcheon. On the way back to Germany, my friend got a speeding ticket in Belgium, he drove 100km/h more than allowed
I didn't get chance to go to Volksworld 2002

Quote:
I could burn the video on CD and send it to you, but may be someone have got the time and know how to put this video on this web site, I also have a lot of pictures from some european VW shows...
A CD would be fantastic how much Euros for it?,
I don't know how to load the video to the web Zen might be able to point you in the right dirrection maybe?

Quote:
On the attached pictures:
The silver bus (Carrera Bus) is equipped with a 993 300HP engine with 993RS gearbox, on the 2nd picture you see from l to r: Silver carrera bus as above, Bus from swiss with 993 carrera engine and a camper with complete 996 engine, gearbox and brakes.

Norbert
The silver bus looks familiar, was it built by...Clare (sp) the specs on these busses are crazy.... but good

My 71 Baywindow will have a similar spec when finished.

I already have 2004 996 Turbo brakes (Big Reds front & rear, 340 x 34mm discs fr & r )

I plan on fitting a 3.6 993 engine & tiptronic g/box (I need the tiptronic because I'm a cripple )

I just have to wait for the ££££££££
Old January 1st 2005, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdubbin
II don't know how to load the video to the web Zen might be able to point you in the right dirrection maybe?
370MB is pretty big. eisblau, if you want to send it to me on CD, i can look at pulling some of it out in smaller junks to host. let me know and i will PM you where to send it and work out cost.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old January 2nd 2005, 01:04

Smile

cripes! I want the vid(s)! I cant host it, but I sure can DL it in like 15 min... (Cable connection)

Too bad im in the US - Just let meknow when it becomes available... Also, thanks for those pix.

Thanks again,

--Cat