GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old June 9th 2016, 00:24

As life goes -- so do our toys --

The Ghia is for sale for $16,500 --

I believe this is a really fair price knowing how much in receipts I've shredded....

all offers are welcome, but please don't embarrass yourself.
Old August 20th 2016, 01:41

Tuner leaned out the engine, then noticed a loss of power -- I said thank you very much, please do it again sir

But I now have a solution to this tuner ****----

Old August 21st 2016, 20:31

So you're keeping the Ghia, then?
Old September 28th 2016, 10:53

Sorry, been on vacation for a few weeks---

I'm doing a complete freshen up on the engine right now (waiting on machinist to do a touchup hone on cylinders for the new rings) -- then I'm putting the engine up for sale

If somebody pops up and wants the car and the price is right might consider selling it............
Old October 12th 2016, 00:22

Oh lets say I've gone little stupid since the last post -- -- a complete tear down is now in order, inspection/R&R of the bearings, Corilla rods, J&E pistons, new gapless rings, heads completely redone (new porting, valves, springs, heat resistance coating on the inside, heat dispersement coating on the outside, blah blah blah), new 1.4 Pauter rockers, a couple of weeks in Italy for vacation and got all the parts and pieces back from the machine shops,,, and wah-la back together as a birthday present to me.... """Oh yes dear, it shouldn't cost more than a $100 to redo the engine,,,,, cough,,, cough ,,, choke, cough....."""

Ok --- I think I got the carb intake mocked up -- this engine is starting to have more colors than an Easter Egg -- --

Last edited by Fiatdude; October 12th 2016 at 00:47.
Old October 14th 2016, 11:11

Engine is almost ready -- Just need to finish the MSD install -- I still hate crawling around the freaking cage to get to the back of the firewall LOL

I'm so over using steel braided line -- and E85 just eats them up -- I'm having to replace it almost every other year -- So now I'm using hard line when I have new installs or replacing old lines, I'm using either SS or Aluminum... AL is softer and easier to form and more forgiving than SS.....

Old October 14th 2016, 23:56

IT'S RUNNING -- -- Fired right up -- My timing light took a dump so I was just guessing where I was at --- and was trying to guess where I was at with the fuel but it was sounding real nice.........
Old October 15th 2016, 03:56

Thats great to hear!
What boost and fuel were you at when the engine detonated and broke rings on the dyno last time?
Old October 21st 2016, 00:34

He was creeping up on the boost so I really don't know, but it was E85---

No sooner than I bragged about how great my 16300 starters, I had mine go out --- Damn it!!! -- -- So, I jumped into my car and drove over to CarCraft in Riverside, all the while preparing to buy another 16300 (and get lunch at Zorba's).... Was setting there bench racing with Bob Godfrey and whining about losing a starter, Ed perks up and said that he had this new brand new starter "OE Brand Part Number BA16450" out of Florida making some really killer starters.... I'm going, Yeah, Yeah, I've heard this all before... So Ed brings one out. They are tiny and light!!! I'm looking at it and thinking there's no way that this little thing is gonna spin my 2963.... He says, you buy this, and if you don't like it, bring it back in the original box and I'll put 100% of the money towards another starter.... OK, what do I have to lose except another chance to come over to CarCraft and go to Zorba's Hamburgers for lunch (I live for a Zorba Burger and Onion Rings from this place -- they are great!!!! Remember that the next time your in the area)..... SO, I bring this thing home, throw it into the car and this little starter is winging my engine at a higher RPM than I have ever had..... Really impressed with this little thing!!!!!!
Old October 24th 2016, 03:08

Confucius says -- You definitely have an over rich condition, if you are finding pinholes in your intake by fuel squirting out.......

Words to live by if you ask me.....
Old April 29th 2017, 22:45

Update time ---- Some dude came up to me an made me an offer I probably should of refused, but I didn't and I gave him the big engine out of the Ghia..... So I'm thinking it is time for a more of a street loving engine for the car -- So here is the new incarnation -- A 2332 with a bunch of goodies.... Probably not the total top shelf build I should of done but has enough good parts to get it running and sorted out.....

Still fabbing stuff together and trying to get everything to play together nicely......... The engine is 1/2 inch wider and 3/8" longer than a stocker, so everything that I bought trying to save time, had to be modified and took more time than piecing everything together.... Here's where I'm as of this morning and I'm planning a full day of attacking this thing, but I'll probably spend most of it chasing parts/bolts/stuff if you know what I mean....

The purple lines on the blow-thru hat on the EFI is where I'm having interference with the deck lid -- I'm trying to decide whether to cut the hat and reweld it at the purple lines or offset the deck lid higher -- kind of leaning towards opening the deck lid up as it will add a little more air flow to the engine also....

Old April 29th 2017, 22:46

Playing in the garage today -- made the "spacers" to raise the deck lid -- the results --

Clears everything by a 1/2". So I could of made them a little smaller.... Got some 1/2" black pipe and some 8mm fender washers. Welded the washers to the pipe and came out pretty sturdy... Just need to throw some paint on them...

Almost got the intake system all finished. went to weld on the POP-off valve on, then notice/discovered that the flange was Aluminum.... Oh well, good place to finish for the day..... Off to my favorite Mexican food place for dinner....

Last edited by rioprelude; April 11th 2018 at 13:20.
Old April 30th 2017, 21:27

Looking Great...
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old May 8th 2017, 21:14

For those of you that warned me about using aluminum for fuel lines with a alcohol based fuel -- -- Well,,,, You were more than right

My injectors looked the same too!!!!!!
Old May 13th 2017, 00:23

Fuel system completely redone -- just missing two -8an to -6an fittings -- ordered them from Jeg's today........ Redid the front mounting of the fuel pump and ran the 5/8" lines down through the tunnel -- need to take a picture of that

Oil system is next .....