GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old November 25th 2004, 14:42

Question Need help on trade for porsche parts

My grandpa has a 86' 325 BMW that I can possibly get to trade for some porsche parts for my GL. The car has an inline 6cyl, 5sp., and sunroof. The only problem is it has no title and the fuel pump or relay is bad. What is it worth?????

I have a guy that will trade me a 901 tranny, shifter, shift rod, and linkages for the car, but I think it is worth more. Should I be able to get this and possibly 944 brake parts for this car. This trade is me delivering the car about 72 miles away to pick up my stuff, any suggestions???

What is an average price for??

1. tranny and parts?

2. 83 - 85.5 disk brakes Fr and Rr?

3. 914 gauge set?

Any other parts I should look for??

Thank you for any help...

Drew23

Last edited by drew23; December 3rd 2004 at 19:45.
Old December 2nd 2004, 23:04

I'm a BMW enthusiast too, that car is an E30 model and they are VERY common and not worth an awful lot fully functional with a title, especially with an automatic trans. Yours can't be titled so it's just a parts car. Maybe worth $1000 to someone that needs it.

A Porsche 901 trans can go for $200-$1000 depending on it's condition and your luck. A shifter and shift rod is worth about $50 and neither is necessary for the conversion. I would not pay any more than $300 for N/A 944 brakes including the rear trailing arms. I think 914 gage sets in good condition go for about $75-$100 or so. A set of 944 axles/CVs would be good to pick up. You might consider some Porsche seats, look good, very comfortable, and not too hard to adapt into a bug.

Others may think differently on parts prices...
ken
Old December 3rd 2004, 19:44

I made a mistake the car is a manual. I wasn't payibg real good attention when I looked.

What do you mean neither the shifter or the rod is needed for the conversion? Just curious.

Thanks for the reply..
Drew23
Old December 4th 2004, 02:04

You can use a VW shifter with the Porsche trans and the shift rod is just some tubing with coupling ends-easy enough to fabricate.

Even with a 5 speed, it's un titleable so it has little value as a car. If the body panels/interior/running gear are in very good condition it could be parted out and maybe get $2000 total but that's a lot of work and aggrivation. If it's in just normal condition it's worth much less.

ken