GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Brakes

Old March 28th 2007, 09:10

So -realistically, you could run ABS

-ie, front 951 hubs, with the sensors-944 s2 - had them before, and they definately have the sensors in them, fab a mount to your spindle

-at the rear would be the same alloy arm, but in my case the earlier hub - the stub axles are the same spline, -the sensor ring is on the stub axle
-sweet

-then, the master cylinder, although they mount at an angle on vag's, if I used a servo -in my truck, i could mount that anywhere any way
-was thinking of the smaller audi a3 anyway, as i have a rhd -944/porsche would hit the chassis-diameter too big, lhd's ok cos the pedal rod position is farther in board

sensors on mc, valves
-wiring, = when backleft wheel spins apply brakes

-YES/NO

I like the idea myself, as the swithching is all at the master cylinder isn't it
?
Old March 29th 2007, 13:40

The bigger trouble would be calibrating them for the weight, outside diameter of wheel, and driving style. It can also be done, but you need someone who can get into the computers.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old March 29th 2007, 16:06

thought they jus sence what wheel is locked up and realase preasure as nessacery?they not that simple then?
Old March 29th 2007, 22:33

Most professional (stunt) drivers say they hate ABS, they say it takes the control out of their hands. Just a thought..JR
Old March 30th 2007, 03:22

Hi

I did an advanced driving course in my work Ford Falcon ute (pickup). I have to say I can see the benefits of ABS if you want to stomp on the pedal and lets face it, that's what most of us will do unless we have very good skills and reflexes. The other benefit of ABS is that the car can still be steered while doing an emergency stop.

I had a moment in 1302 a few years ago, I had 4 spot Brembos all round etc, I had to do a very unexpected emergency stop, for the first part my reactions locked the brakes on, then as I got a handle on it I backed my foot off and pulled up OK, if I had ran out of room before hitting another car ABS may have bought me some more time.

I may put ABS on my car in the future, maybe only 2 channels for the front wheels only.

Steve