GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old January 12th 2016, 06:26

I am worried that altering just the pin length will introduce a lot of bumpsteer. Any time you alter the ball joint pin length, the tire rod end must follow accordingly as needed.
Old January 12th 2016, 13:14

Hey Wally, at this time I am building the 1.5 inch version of this control arm. I am not putting the sway bar into the arm. The reason I went with what I am building is because I wanted the 944T/968 monoball. I am going with large brakes/wheels/tires and wanted the heavier spindle. After I play with this build I will look into a 1 3/4 inch with sway bar in the control arm. My present build is more like the old Elephant Racing 911 front suspension. The machine shop I use also builds crazy things for the Sandia National Labs (nuclear hush hush stuff) in Albuquerque, New Mexico so we will see how long it takes. Their work is flawless and slow. Much unlike the other things I have ordered for my projects which were flawed and really slow...
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old January 12th 2016, 14:46

Cheers! I will be patient then ;-)
Old December 4th 2016, 18:31

any news?
Old December 5th 2016, 15:52

Not much. I got the basic arms quite a while ago and hope to do some work during December. We have had a pretty busy year (yay!) which allows more car parts but no time to install them. I bought a 997 GT3 transmission to go in front of my STi engine and it has taken a lot of my time and money to get it ready. Take a look at Facebook "Psycho Beetle" and I am trying to post pictures there.
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old December 5th 2016, 17:49

Cool buy and plans on the 997 GT3 tranny! Do tell where those are different from the 915/G50 series. I do expect they are pretty close to the G50 though, but the look more different still..
I can probably use some sort of half finished trailing arm as it looks like I might need to fab a 996GT3 bearing carrier to a 1303 trailing arm. Probbaly needs the 996 lower ball joint to the bearing carrier, so I can then fabricate something from there onwards.