GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old January 17th 2008, 16:37

Chop it!

Just messing around with photoshop last night while drinking a 6-pack.
Old February 2nd 2008, 19:07

Phat73VW, its cars are very pretty... Congratulations!

I have a doubt and I find that you can help me...

Its red Beetle has the hood of the engine raised in the from above part, this aid in the much refrigeration of the engine?
Old February 2nd 2008, 23:59

I think that means..

"Do the decklid stand offs help in the cooling of the engine?"

Old February 3rd 2008, 02:46

Yes the rear engine cover is extended to improve the air flow directly into the engine and keep it alot cooler. It keeps my engine at a steady 180 degrees all the time.
Old February 3rd 2008, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat73VW View Post
Yes the rear engine cover is extended to improve the air flow directly into the engine and keep it alot cooler. It keeps my engine at a steady 180 degrees all the time.

Would be 180 degrees celcius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin or Rankine?

This temperature would be of the oil or the temperature of the engine in the generality?
Old February 4th 2008, 01:58

that would be 180 degrees fahrenhiet with the sensor connected to the oil pressure relief screw.
Old February 4th 2008, 03:10

I hope this isnt a silly question - do the standoffs do anything for stock engines? My engine will remain a 1600cc stock standard bug engine until I can afford to upgrade it
Old February 4th 2008, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat73VW View Post
that would be 180 degrees fahrenhiet with the sensor connected to the oil pressure relief screw.
grateful !!
Old February 19th 2008, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugluv View Post
I hope this isnt a silly question - do the standoffs do anything for stock engines? My engine will remain a 1600cc stock standard bug engine until I can afford to upgrade it
Anybody know?
Old February 20th 2008, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugluv View Post
Hi

I have a set of Hood Jax on my daily 1303, they really drop the oil temp on hot days and I feel that extra cool air makes the car run much nicer at high speeds. You will need them for the next motor so why not fit them now.

Steve
Old July 6th 2008, 03:12

So Jon at Topline called me and it seems that JAZZY is ready to be picked up!!! I can finally bring her home!!
Here she is at Topline waiting to have her new heart transplanted.

After I pick her up I will post pics of Jon and his sons handy work. New engine, new tin , new kick arse firewall, etc... I cant wait.

YIPPIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Old July 11th 2008, 02:05

SHE IS HOME!!!!!

The drive home was awesome!! It may only be a 1600cc with dual Kadrons and a little cam but it pulls nicely on very steep hills!!

I have to give the biggest thanks to Jon and his son at TOPLINE for doing an absolutely AMAZING j-o-b with the build of the engine and the installation. It is sporting all new engine tin, new TOPLINE exclusive firewall kit and lets not forget the all new longblock!!! It purrs like a kitten and drives smooth as a factory installation.

I have to go give her a nice bath now since she has collected quite a bit of dust at the shop for over a month. Then its time for a nice cruise down route 66 to fill up ithe tank! ENJOY the pics!!!

Old July 11th 2008, 18:52

Very nice car!!! I think the color and engine rocks! Money well spent for sure. I hope it purrs for many years. Does it have an electric fuel pump or the standard? Does it have a normal small see through fuel filter or a larger metal one? What kind of HP do you think it has? Just wondering...
Old July 12th 2008, 18:41

OK well here is my little story from yesterday. My friends Rezie and Felix own a tuning shop called Genesis AutoSports here in Rancho Cucamonga where they work on all late model cars like audis vws, bmw, mercedes, etc. They do great work and are a very friendly group of guys. They have been wanting to see my bug as soon as I got it running so I went down to show him the car and they loved the color and the way it looks modernized. They were so blown away that they said they wanted me to roll with them to a upcoming car show that they were all going to go to with their watercooled cars and be apart of the represenatives for their shop. I said sure of course since I love going to all cars shows of any kind. Being as funny as they are they kept heckling me about not having the interior done yet and I told them in due time it will be done. When the wife and wallet allow.

So Felix says, "hey you need some cool racing seats to match the look you got going on." He was asking me what style I like and I said, "well I really like the Recaro style seats that some cars come equipped with from the factory like some JDM hondas and mitsubishi evolutions." Felix had a pair of seats on the rafters in the shop just sitting there and when I pointed them out and said thats what I think would look good in the car. He said,"those ones there? You like those? Yeah those will look great in there." "How much you want to buy them for" he says? I said, "well I know seats are not cheap and I cant buy anything today but yeah hold them for me and Ill get them after I get the headliner in." He told me nahh.. you are taking them now." After we joked around for a minute about the whole situation he up and says, " ok heres the deal. Im going to put these seats in your car and you are taking them home for free... well not free you have to drop off some of that good food from your work here every so often. ANNNNNNNNNND you have to bring the car to the show with us in August and sport a shop sticker... you think you do that?." I couldnt believe that my friend had just said this. So I accepted his generous offer and thanked him numerous times. So it appears now I have a deadline to get the car up to snuff to hang out with $40,000 plus modified cars. AHHHH NO PRESSURE!!!! ha ha ha well here are the seats and there is only one problem. They are brand new seats and have never been installed but they are missing the seatbelt hole plastic houseing because he took them off for another pair of seats. I just need to source them and BAM they are good as new!!!

Of course I had to do some test fitting and I must say I will be having the seat sit low or as it sits in the pictures because its a night and day difference in comfort and all around placement.

Now all I need is seat brackets for the seats and I am in business!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO REZIE AND FELIX AT GENESIS AUTOSPORTS!!!!

Oh yeah I also threw in some new shots of the car as

P.S. I also got a chance to meet EFFVEE (Francis) today when I was going home. He recognized the car from the build up thread and wanted to check it out. It was an all around great day!!!

Last edited by Phat73VW; July 12th 2008 at 19:17.
Old July 12th 2008, 18:43