GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old July 17th 2008, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
What are the big VW shows in Europe?
Do you have any dates?
September 20th and 21st 2008 is the first time we can combine DasDragDay (Bitburg) and the Nordschleife: http://www.autobahn.be/

More dates of shows in Europe can be found at http://www.vwshows.info/shows.php?year=2008

If you want to see a lot of GermanStyle vw's, you can also combine the VWBugshow (Brustem, Belgium) with the Nordschleife (and probably Spa-Francorchamps) or Mai-Käfer-Treffen (Hannover, Germany) with Autostadt and Berlin. The European Bug-In is another big show, but mostly cal-look orientated.
Old July 17th 2008, 04:56

Wow!

Damn what did i start... i have a feeling in a couple month the ring is gonna be over run with VW's ....this is awesome!!! lets make it happen guys ...again im in Los angeles so for me its a bit different but it'd be awesome to see all of you representing GL for the world there!..make us proud boys..make ..us..proud!
Old July 17th 2008, 08:17

haha, I think just about every member on this board has a desire to get to the 'ring at one time or another :-D

September sounds good, I can't make it this year, but 2009 I'm DEFINITELY THERE!!!
I've already confirmed it with my Girlfriend, she's up for it as long as there is someone in Nurburg (or nearby village) who can rent her a motorbike... Anyone on here able to find us someone?

I doubt it would take much more than word of mouth to make this an annual post Bitburg Run To The 'ring!
Old July 18th 2008, 04:21

lucky bastard

wait so ur girl rides a bike!...O i am so going to australia to find a girl for some reason every girl in LA that I know can't even get her fricken liscense!
hell i just had my ex call me 6 months after we broke to tell me she's getting her permit cuz she knew i was just sick of driving her!
Old July 19th 2008, 23:39

Ye-up! She's wicked :-D We also have a couple of race karts that we take out every now and again. Pretty much, anything fast or competitive tends to attract our collective interest.

Thanks for the maps, Aartjan.
I also found the calendar of events for the 'ring for 2008 http://www.nuerburgring.de/events.286.0.html anything listed as touristenfahrten means the Nordschleife (21km northern loop) is open for public use, which is when we would want to go.

Do any of you European guys want to start posting the idea around your EU forums and clubs to see if anyone local is interested?
I'm sure there are plenty of VW owners who don't just want to drive fast in a straight line
Old July 21st 2008, 18:02

He doesn't drive in a straight line...:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=YlqaUt...eature=related

Sorry for the OT, but the above is whats its all about fro me. Totally wicked and stealth looking superbeetle driving the doors of a track-911
Old July 23rd 2008, 01:45

Hi,
I did a few laps in the last year. Unfortunately I'm running only 50HP, and a passenger joined my ride, so that it was really hard going uphill ;(
I did something around 11:40mins... Wasn't too fast, but it also wasn't too slow, when you see some guys running their 911's and Ford Focus ST not much faster. With a bit more power I'd caught them
What you have to care about: When there are tourist-drives on the Nordschleife, there are rules like on a normal road. So please drive carefully and considerately.
And please excuse my bad english^^
P.S: I'm living about 60 miles away form the Nordschleife But the prices which are 21 euros for a single lap keep me off the track
Old July 31st 2008, 00:06

That's a really good time for a 50hp car! Have you got plans for more power?
Old July 31st 2008, 02:36

As far as this year goes, I may just try to make a run (or two ) on friday 19th september, which is the day before the DasDragDay weekend in Bitburg.
All depending on my schedule and if the engine is holding up through DDD6
Old July 31st 2008, 05:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
That's a really good time for a 50hp car! Have you got plans for more power?
Thanks
Well yes, I've got plans, although my money doesn't like these^^
I think I'm getting for a 80-90HP 1600ccm motor when I can afford it.
Until then the car will be lightened, kind of race style
And there are several other investments on the car which keep me away from having more power
Old September 9th 2008, 18:06

Small update and to hope some others join as well.
Friday 19th september from 14:15 hours is still on as far as I am concerned. Hopefully it doesn't rain as that will keep me off the track.
I have the boost turned down to 0.7 bar. Probably still making close to 200 hp which is very enough.
Coming friday shakedown of the endurance of the turbomotor on a trackday at Zandvoort circuit. Fingers crossed.
Old September 9th 2008, 20:44

Sounds good Wally, you should have heaps of fun!!!
Don't let the rain deter you. It's worth getting out on the track, even if just for a casual tourist drive. The 'ring is like no other road or track in the world, it certainly has it's own spirit & atmosphere that all fans of driving HAVE to experience at least once in their lifetime.
Wish I could be over there to do some laps with you I will definately be there in 09 tho!
Old September 10th 2008, 13:54

Will join!
Old September 10th 2008, 16:22

Cool! Yours, together with Nigel (1303) and Marnix with his 1303 Gelb Schwarzem Renner (maybe) there will at least be 3 nice bugs on the Ring, maybe even 4
Old September 21st 2008, 08:30

Come on kids! How was it?