GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old December 31st 2002, 19:17

I would agree, if we were talking about purpose-built race cars. But we're not. We're talking regular everyday street cars, with minimal modifications. The rules structure makes perfect sense to me--it is a place for people who don't want to spend big bucks on a hi-po motor and still want to have fun on the track.

Hey, if you let them swap cams--then why not head work? Cause you can surely get a whole heap of power out of the heads if you work them enough. Of course, your buddy over there who didn't spend $10,000 on developing his cylinder heads (for his $4,000 car) won't be able to keep up...

Actually, the rules don't really have to make sense--as long as someone signs up to play by a set of rules, they need to follow them. If everyone else is cheating, then I'm an idiot. If you knew me in person you'd know there's nothing new about me being one. But I doubt most people in the class are--and I'm pretty sure you'd get a big flame-war out of some of them by suggesting it. (Yeah, some of them are a bit touchy--and so are other folks... )

Oh well. Sounds to me like you really don't want to have anything to do with this kind of motor. That's too bad for me, I s'pose.

--DD