GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old October 6th 2007, 18:18

Watch out for ENGINE PLUS

Warning this is a complaint! My name is Francelle Vercher, on this site I go by the name of effvee. On www.bug-talk.de site I go my the name of sirthee. On July 11, 2007, I transfered 2770 Euros into the account of Engine Plus made payable to Mr. Jan Lacsteeter www.enginePlus.de Presently it is not known if Mr. Lacsteeter is still owner or part owner. However, he himself stated the bank transfer should be made in the name of Fa. Engine Plus payable to Jan Lacsteeter. The is not to smear the good name of anyone doing business in a ethical manner. However, this is a second occurrance dealing with small business. One member had to sue in order to get his money returned. It is now my turn, I have a type IV project and I have been working and saving money to continue buying parts, slowly. Because of the positon in my project, and my wanting relieable parts, and in the USA the type IV heads are really setup for racing (not enough cooling fins) I choose to buy a set of Engine Plus heads.

From the begging, after payment was sent problems started. On July 11, 2007, as per a phone conversation with Jan Lacsteeter; the price was 2670 Euros for his race ready heads (see Engine Plus site for spec's) However, Mr. Lacsteeter stated he was going on vacation on July 12, 2007. He further stated for me not to worry due to he himself would package the parts for shippment; once money was received.

On July 13, 2007 as per my bank and later verified by Mr. Lacsteeter, the money was in his account. However, per Mr. Lacsteeter, he left his bank card with a employee named Mr. Josef. Mr. Josef would verify that the money was credited and then ship the parts..

July 30, 2007 I e-mailed Mr. Josef asking if the shippment had been shipped; and I requested a tracking number. Mr. Joesf stated that on July 26, 2007 he had shipped the parts through DHL. However my request was UPS due to UPS has a (hold for pick up). When you request hold for pickup, you use the UPS mailing address, not your own. On July 11, 2007 this was communicated to Mr. Lacsteeter, and informing him of completing the bank transfer. So Engine Plus knew of me wanting shippment via UPS. But they shipped DHL,and UPS refused to have DHL deleiver my parcel to them. So the parcle was returned.

Mr. Lacsteeter returns from vacation, he says he will re-ship using DHL. I go to DHL and have their employee fill out a shipping invoice, just like the shipper should do. I take pictures, send them to Engine Plus, and what did Engine Plus do; they sent if from Hurth Germany to Frankfurt DHL. From Frankfurt, the parcel went into the United States Postal Service. Due to the fact of Engine Plus not properly packaging the parts, they were severly damage. And further yet, Enging Plus sent the 4000.00 parcel via United States Postal service from Frankfurt Germany to Ontario California bulk mail.. I want the Volks Wagen community see what you get when you do business with people that money driven, having the need to get; but cheap when it come to service.. And then, Engine Plus lied about the finish product, hell the heads came with no valves, springs, anything just bare.

[Now you can take my word for it, I will have a legal battle with Engine Plus in Germany, about there bad business ethics. I am not over stating anything, and I am sharing the truth of what has just happened to me at the handa of Jan Lacsteeter of Engine Plus