GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old January 28th 2020, 06:08

Still No Input on Remmele Billet TypeIV Block

Hi everyone, is there no update on Remmele's typeIV case
Old January 29th 2020, 00:19

They seem to be active on Facebook..might have more of a chance to get updates there.
Old January 29th 2020, 00:58

Thank you, I don't do Facebook.
Old February 3rd 2020, 14:34

I didn't even know they were planning a new type 4 case? Me thinks there are enough type 4 cases out there?
Or will it have upgrades?
Old February 3rd 2020, 18:48

Hi Walter,
You are correct about the type IV cases being around. In Southern California all of the junk yards no longer have engines or transmissions. (They has become not so VW friendly junk yard). I have did a lot of mods to my case, I fear that I may have weakened it. However I plan to have it cyro treated. The only two thing I need are rockers and push rods. I had hoped to have heard back from Remmele on his case. Its hard to reach him, I bought two 911 alternator stator rings from him. Some time ago, I saw were one blow up, man a lot of damage. The stator ring that you see in the picture is a 300mm Pinzgeau stator ring. Yeah I'm over thinking this. Since I have money troubles presently, I'll see if Remmele will respond. EMW has type IV cases. I'm sorry, I didn't answer one of your questions, (will it have upgrades), yes it will. I would like only the main oil rail/galley to the crank to be internal/integral to the case. I want to use an RX-7 oil pressure regulator set to bypass at 95psi. The Pauter oil pump will supply the higher oil pressure to a dual oil filter by a company called Hambuger. There is an (-12) oil gauge port, of which I will install the RX-7 pressure relief valve in. My oil lifers are drilled like a lubri-lob but it not a lubri-lobe the piston squirters, spray bar for the valve stems. All of this will take allow of oil flow and pressure, thus the high pressure and high volume oil pump. The oil cool will be from a hobby air craft, capable of safely holding pressures up to 300 psi. No grommets to leak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PINZGEAU MOCK UP 3 (2).jpg (81.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg PIZGEAU MOCK 7 (2).jpg (78.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg OfficeMaxcopyreceipt002.jpg (72.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by effvee; February 3rd 2020 at 20:58. Reason: need to show more info
Old February 4th 2020, 04:45

I remembered your case and the welding you did to it. I would just check for straightness as best you can and use it as is.

The more experience I gain, the harder it seems to justify an aftermarket type 4 case imo.
Oiling just doesn't seem to be a problem for whatever application you can think of. Since I ran 9000 RPM under almost 1 bar boost without any oiling or structural problems, why should what be improved on the case?
Not that it makes more power after 7,5K, but you get the idea ;-)

This was all without any oiling mods done to the case, just dowels on mains and I even think just dowels on only center main would be enough
Old February 4th 2020, 16:39

Hi Wally

What effvee meant by the new Type4 cases, has nothing to do with any original.
Edy Remmele makes its own case.
The ingenious thing is that they are CNC machined from a single piece spezial Aluminium.
He also makes cylinder heads, intake pipes for carburetors and other engine parts.
Was with him over a year ago and could also touch it.
https://www.germanlook.net/forums/sh...31&postcount=4
I also took photos. Will look for it and possibly post here.

It is a small factory, but with very good equipment. Expensive 5 axis CNC machines. However, there may be personnel problems.

But he has the biggest handycap himself. He suffers from MS and can therefore not do much himself.

Nevertheless, it is not okay that nobody can be reached or that parts are not delivered.
My buddies been waiting for delivering the last parts.

STi powered Typ4 in the works...
R.I.P. 1302/'72
Old February 5th 2020, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412STi View Post
Hi Wally

What effvee meant by the new Type4 cases, has nothing to do with any original.
Edy Remmele makes its own case.
Hello, if I have to, my engine case will have to do. I want the bells and whistles also. Although I have only seen the case being milled. My project, only has the case as a possible weakest link. All other parts are top shelf. But if Remmele has issues that prevent him from making the type IV case, it would be nice for him to say so; although he owes me nothing. I hope everyone understands my point.
Old February 10th 2020, 14:46

Thanks for the heads up Gerold!
New parts are always interesting, especially as to why a part has been (re)made.

LG,
Walter