GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old February 3rd 2007, 03:52

Just letting Y'ALL know this GL member will be there, not with my super ('cause she's blown) but helping out/supporting another Canadian aircooler, doing the long haul again.

Last year, i was dissapointed that it was said, everyone competing had to run mufflers and fanbelts. Those that placed top 3 pulled their belts and 4th spot belonged to my fanbelted, mufflered 2332. We pulled the car 16+hrs to attend the dyno/showdown events, to follow the rules and get snubbed was disappointing.

I tried to get the on the rollers again to pull the belt, and was not allowed to. I know i could have won, i was less than 10hp away turning a 911 fan.

I don't think this event should be boycotted by anyone in the aircooler scene. I ranted once upon a time, when the VKG/BKC issue was going on, saying i will not attend again. Truth is, there are not many HP events like this around my parts so i have to travel to hear ACVW's scream. Attended: Florida's VKG Dyno day at Fishers, Georgia's Dyno day and Street challenge, and Vegas a couple months back for the show/race. You guys don't know how lucky you are.

Will anyone of you guys come up to Toronto to support our event?
http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8285

See-ya next month. Can't wait to see BRE run again. Should be fun.

Last edited by petevw; February 3rd 2007 at 05:35.
Old February 3rd 2007, 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
Will anyone of you guys come up to Toronto to support our event?
http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8285
For the record, I asked about when would be the latest one could sign up because mid-August may be a date I could attend.

For the record, no one answered -- not even with an "I don't know yet" or "We need ten by a certain date" or "We have a certain number as a cutoff" or something.

That high-sounding pep-talk contained within said thread becomes pretty stinking hollow when an interested party is ignored.
Old February 3rd 2007, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
For the record, I asked about when would be the latest one could sign up because mid-August may be a date I could attend.

For the record, no one answered -- not even with an "I don't know yet" or "We need ten by a certain date" or "We have a certain number as a cutoff" or something.

That high-sounding pep-talk contained within said thread becomes pretty stinking hollow when an interested party is ignored.
Sorry no one answered. I don't know. We have a meeting coming up in a couple weeks, and i'm sure Lanner (Flat) will share the details. We've talked about a Dyno Day for a couple years, and this announcement has been a great surprise to everyone.

Here's a pic from outside Allspeed last year (photo from sevwa.com):

Last edited by petevw; February 3rd 2007 at 05:34.
Old February 3rd 2007, 09:40

Thanks for the support Pete, it dont go unnoticed.

We have rules this year about the belts and mufflers which WILL be enforced. We also have the dyno all day so extra pulls can be made at no cost.
Old February 3rd 2007, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O View Post
Most of use will not be going to that show due to one of the BKC folks showing there @$$ to us concerning this event. (I bet you can guess which one).

:shrug:...........
and a 6" narrowed tractor front end!
Old February 3rd 2007, 22:16

Thumbs up

Pete,
You'll have another reason to head south to display HP sometime later in 2007, probably the end of the summer to mid- fall... This event will culminate VW and Porsche owners of Aircooled vehicles in a full weekend of fun with a CASH purse for the winners of several classes! Stay tuned...

Even I am "over" what happened back in the fall with the whole dispute over the event in question. I always had fun at the event in the past and I still believe that this event is the most practical event of the entire season as it allows guys to see what they have created, compare build sheets and talk smack.

I know when to leave something alone and just let it go... We have a full plate this year with a brand new SCCA race team in it's first year of competition with a Porsche 914, a new (second) dyno lab just being finished and I still have to finish Beth's car along with 3 very demanding engines by this summer.

So I hope you guys have a good event, we'll be doing everyone a favor and staying in the Mountains, where we belong.
Old February 3rd 2007, 22:43

MY BAD!

I misspoke when using the word boycott. I did not mean to imply that I speak for VKG as a whole on this event in who or who not goes to the event.

If I was still in the area I would be there. I hope the event goes off smoothly and with great participation from the VW community.

Sorry for the confusion guys
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe
Old February 3rd 2007, 23:39
Administrator

Not your bad Pillow. Just some folks tring to pick at an old scab. Not sure what they want. They raised hell over this event when we tried to carry it on because they didn't want to. When we picked up the dead ball and started to run with it, they cried foul at the last minute and acted shocked even tho we asked if they were going to drop the event and that we wanted to run with it if they bowed out. Then they asked that I delete the thread in which at least one of them showed their @$$ so it would not look bad on them. I did and we mad no public comments about it after it was over. Then when some of us don't want to make the extra effort in money, prep, or expended vacation time to go drink from the well that they poisoned. They have the nerve to come in here again and say that walking away quietly, saying no more and staying away from an event that they did not want us to have a part in, is some how "Childish Crap". I don't get it.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe

Last edited by NO_H2O; February 4th 2007 at 10:50.
Old February 4th 2007, 00:21

Wink

You guys just let me know who can help out here or there on show day. I may need someone at the gate too. I know I will need someone directing the show cars in their area and parking them. Will be doing some rearranging with the show car paperwork. Many times we get cars in the show area that do not come and register. We learned alot at our indoor show on Jan 28th and want to get those things we learned into effect for the rest of our shows.
Will need some judges too. So if you can;t be there early or only can help for just a tad bit, that would be for you. Everyone that volunteers, will get free admission and maybe something else.
Just keep me informed.

No comment on the other portion. Hell I haven't even read it all yet! Just jumped on the computer for a few min before getting Luci to sleep.
www.hotvws.com
Old February 4th 2007, 11:23

Bottom line is the BKC Dyno Day will go on. It will be a great show and be run smoothly. The BKC will support BOTH events that weekend and have no hard feelings against anybody.
Dave repost the thread if you like, I can see it doing wonders for all involved.

Like I said we NEED to support all events we can or they will dissappear.

Thats all I got to say.
Old February 4th 2007, 12:32

Cool

Quote:
Like I said we NEED to support all events we can or they will dissappear.
So....... That means I can expect the BK to participate in the fall event we are planning now??? (probably the day before Toccoa)

Just wanted to clarify that....

I am sponsoring the SEVWA Street Car Challenge, even though we won't be in attendance. There are things that can be done to support the community without being present- thats what I decided to do...
Old February 4th 2007, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV View Post
So....... That means I can expect the BK to participate in the fall event we are planning now??? (probably the day before Toccoa)
What are you planning Jake?
Old February 4th 2007, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV View Post

Just wanted to clarify that....

:agree: I don't see why not! .... if your going to have room for trailer parking.....
and a 6" narrowed tractor front end!
Old February 4th 2007, 13:25

Smile

Pete, it's still being planned so I don't know everything at this point...

What we are trying to execute is a weekend of Aircooled Performance for both VW and Porsche enthusiasts...

The classes will be set up to choose winners based on power output per liter of displacement and we'll have different classes so most anyone could win, not just the guy with the monster engine.

Yes, CASH prizes will be awarded for all classes for both marques. The location for the event is still up in the air. I am half tempted to buy a Chassis dyno and have it at "Aircooled Heaven"!

This event will have a level of organization and logistical support that most haven't experienced.
Old February 11th 2007, 01:12

When you have your event Jake the southside BK guys will be there. We support the AC VW community..... Save some trailer parking for me too
6" narrowed beam tuckin like a Mofo

Last edited by Smiff; February 14th 2007 at 00:47.