GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old January 10th 2006, 19:27

very, very nice indeed. very classy looking. that is what makes up a quality daily driver to me, much less a weekend warrior. well done!!!!! we need some more feature car articles if you are interested in doing a write-up and getting it to me. i am happy to play editor if you don't fancy yourself a writer. just get me all of the specs and background story you would want included.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old January 11th 2006, 01:55

Who's central air cleaner is that and what type fuel injection ecu, and throttle bodies are those?

the car is worth the wait I would have to say...

Thanks,
Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old January 11th 2006, 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
very, very nice indeed. very classy looking. that is what makes up a quality daily driver to me, much less a weekend warrior. well done!!!!! we need some more feature car articles if you are interested in doing a write-up and getting it to me. i am happy to play editor if you don't fancy yourself a writer. just get me all of the specs and background story you would want included.
No probs, will work on an article in next month or so. Have tons of build photos also. Where should I send all this?
Old January 11th 2006, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRSi
Who's central air cleaner is that and what type fuel injection ecu, and throttle bodies are those?

the car is worth the wait I would have to say...

Thanks,
Randy
Hi Randy, The injection is a Haltech F9A (fuel only) and I used their idle control unit also, Its a closed loop system with oxy sensor as I wanted to be able to start the engine without touching the gas. The throttle bodies are 50mm with 30lb/hr injectors (mercury xr4i), I actually bought these second hand so I don't know what make they are. The airbox is a one off made from aluminum, you will notice that its one piece which has now been changed. We realised later that this design would not allow it to expand with the growth of the engine.
Old January 11th 2006, 07:29

Now that is an awesome motor car-how could you ever part with it after all the work???? Bet the new owner still can't believe how lucky he got.Well done.
Old January 11th 2006, 15:05

Yeah its hard to believe that I actually lost intrest in it. The new owner is pretty happy with the end result.
Old January 12th 2006, 14:29

Hi there, yes looks great really nice. Two questions plz, what aprox? does it cost to fit injection? this inc the throtle bodies, pump and computor and general plumbing etc? Have you any idea on the HP too? regards brent.
Old January 12th 2006, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Hi there, yes looks great really nice. Two questions plz, what aprox? does it cost to fit injection? this inc the throtle bodies, pump and computor and general plumbing etc? Have you any idea on the HP too? regards brent.
Hi Brent, HP is dynoed 180 at the wheels. Cost of injection would be about $3000-3500 NZD. Cheers John.
Old January 22nd 2006, 04:29

picture of the modified airbox, It was cut in half so that it can expand with the growth of the engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabrio 028.jpg (61.3 KB, 71 views)
Old January 22nd 2006, 20:59

That air filter housing is well made-I can see many,many hours of work there.I was going to try and adapt something from a modern car,but I have bought a TIG welder recently, and have plenty of 1.6mm aluminium,so may start something from scratch.
Old January 24th 2006, 00:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbturbo
That air filter housing is well made-I can see many,many hours of work there.I was going to try and adapt something from a modern car,but I have bought a TIG welder recently, and have plenty of 1.6mm aluminium,so may start something from scratch.
Yes the airbox is a work of art, all handmade from aluminum sheet. Inside the box it has a k&n filter from a VW golf. The whole thing was mocked up out of cardboard forst to see how it was going to fit. There's actualy four seperate pipes going to the throttle bodies which are then wrapped in alloy sheet to give a seamless look.