GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old June 28th 2010, 22:54

I Want a CF Roof Spoiler

Anyone know where to get a high quality CF roof spoiler? LA Perf has been flakey, I've heard similar stories about Remelle, and Carbon Joe seems to be MIA for any future products, so I don't have any other leads.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old June 28th 2010, 23:13

I have my CF guy doing the running boards right now. Paid him last week for the tooling/mold costs, and should have a sample soon. I'm sure a CF spoiler can be put together. Just need the interest and support. I think Sandeep wanted a spoiler too.

Pete
Old June 29th 2010, 07:30
Administrator

I'm looking for running boards, door and rear quarter panels, and a roof spoiler. I'd like to see the quality in person before I commit though. It is really nice that the product is local as well

Also need a carbon horizontal cooling shroud.

Sandeep
Old June 29th 2010, 08:52

Your more than welcome visit and check out the gloveboxes/crotch coolers.

When i get the first set of running boards, i'll call you.

Pete
Old June 29th 2010, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
I'm looking for running boards, door and rear quarter panels, and a roof spoiler. I'd like to see the quality in person before I commit though. It is really nice that the product is local as well

Also need a carbon horizontal cooling shroud.

Sandeep
Check out Chris at tangerine racing. he has a Horizontal fan set up that comes in alluminum but carbon fiber is a option.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/engine.htm#Horizontal Cooling Fan Conversion
Old June 29th 2010, 22:51

Does anyone have one to use as a plug? I think a lot of time went into the design of the original ones, I'm not sure we need to re-invent the wheel. Having one to copy would make this a much easier process.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Old June 30th 2010, 09:20

Volk..

Also intereted, can't help with the roof spoiler, but if you do need a chin spoiler to copy let me know.. I have one from somewhere, can't remember if it was Joe's, Remelle, or LAP.. got from a member in NY..

Since I am still working my chassis its just sitting collecting dust till who knows when
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463
Old June 30th 2010, 20:28

This guy seems pretty excited to make me a copy if I can provide him with an original.

vw.smith678@gmail.com

Here's a link to his Samba page:

SW Fabrication

I've never even seen a roof lip spoiler in person so I don't know how much goes into the design, if anyone even has detailed pics I would really appreciate them. I'm pretty handy myself, so I might end up just making my own, but I'd like to know what I'm shooting for, I don't really need to reinvent the wheel if the existing design has had a lot of detail work done to maximize the spoiler effect.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Old July 5th 2010, 04:01

Hey Jason ,
it just so happens that i have an original cf remmel roof spoiler in the garage someware ,you could borrow that one if you want.
I may be coming to the states in August for work so could slip it in my suitcase
Jonathan
zx7rr
Old July 5th 2010, 17:31

might check this out dont know if thare in stock but thay show the spoiler still might be worth a phone call

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/vie...05201083824288
Old July 6th 2010, 01:55

@Jonathan, whoooo hoooo!!! Well you know you still have a place to stay here! Turns out Carbon Joe has contacted me and is building one as we speak. If that doesn't work I would love to see Jonathan going through airport security with a CF roof spoiler in his back pocket! If anyone else wants one you might want to give Joe a jingle and see if he can pop a couple out at the same time.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Old July 6th 2010, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangfy View Post
might check this out dont know if thare in stock but thay show the spoiler still might be worth a phone call

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/vie...05201083824288
As I recall those aren't really in stock, but it's worth a shot if things don't pan out, thanks for the link.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Old July 6th 2010, 08:37

@Volkdent,

You should have seen the face of German security when I walked through with one of the Bugat5Speed Shifters i had in my backpack, after i visited my collegue..

The guy grabbed it by the handle and was motioning "club like actions".. I had totally forgotten about security, and did not even think of it as a weapon.. I was like, for God sakes it's for a bug..

Mind you my wife was not to thrilled about the extra attention..
VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463
Old August 17th 2010, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkdent View Post
@Jonathan, whoooo hoooo!!! Well you know you still have a place to stay here! Turns out Carbon Joe has contacted me and is building one as we speak. If that doesn't work I would love to see Jonathan going through airport security with a CF roof spoiler in his back pocket! If anyone else wants one you might want to give Joe a jingle and see if he can pop a couple out at the same time.

Jason
I don't suggest ordering anything from Carbon Joe. I contacted him about a set of running boards on 4/24/09, at which point he quoted me a 3 week turnaround, and I paid him the $285. I've had to hassle him just to get progress updates. He made excuses for the first few months, and then on 3/30/10, he said that they would be shipped next day, and I would receive a tracking number. I still haven't received them or the tracking number, and he refuses to respond to my emails. I paid for them because of the good things I had heard about him on various VW forums, and now, after over a year, he still has my money and I have no running boards. I'm a pretty patient and understanding person, but he's not someone you want to deal with, unless you want someone to take your money and run
Old August 18th 2010, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamd72btl View Post
I don't suggest ordering anything from Carbon Joe. I contacted him about a set of running boards on 4/24/09, at which point he quoted me a 3 week turnaround, and I paid him the $285. I've had to hassle him just to get progress updates. He made excuses for the first few months, and then on 3/30/10, he said that they would be shipped next day, and I would receive a tracking number. I still haven't received them or the tracking number, and he refuses to respond to my emails. I paid for them because of the good things I had heard about him on various VW forums, and now, after over a year, he still has my money and I have no running boards. I'm a pretty patient and understanding person, but he's not someone you want to deal with, unless you want someone to take your money and run
That's really not good to hear, I just sent him $ for a roof spoiler last week, but he said he was done with building it, just needed to be shipped. Concerns me a bit as you recieved the same info a long time ago, but I have recieved running boards from him in similar situations. I hope he's back on building again and that he can pop out a set of running boards for you whilst he is in action.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run