GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old August 30th 2019, 16:09

Good update! What are those wicked looking disks? Yours?

Surely Lanner can help you. Just ask nicely ;-) I'll contact you off-line with his direct contact details, hope that may help.
Old August 30th 2019, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Good update! What are those wicked looking disks? Yours?

Surely Lanner can help you. Just ask nicely ;-) I'll contact you off-line with his direct contact details, hope that may help.
Thanks! Hope it'll work, I'd like to support him/his business since I quiet like what he does and it's less work for me

The discs are rotor discs, their site is http://rotor-discs.com
I mainly got them in a slightly crazy try to save some weight/rotating mass :P haven't compared the weights vs a new normal disc yet though.

Also not entirely sure they are the best choice since I've read a bunch of reports from people with bad experiences with the wave rotors on Audi RS3s. Those discs are quiet different though. We'll see how well they work when the car is running.

Last edited by Simon; September 11th 2019 at 14:03.
Old April 7th 2021, 16:05

Whilst it's been quiet for some time now, the project is still alive
Mainly been distracted/focused on renovating my home, will still take a bit of time and effort (and money :x) but still managed to make some progress on the 1303.

All zinc-coated parts are back, I'm not entirely happy with the quality, it's quiet flakey in a lot of places (see photo below), but I'm just going to use them for now, might get some of it redone in the future.
Also managed to order some caliper adapters as well as tie rods from Lanner, thanks for that!
And I've also received a front and rear set of widened fenders from Kerscher, they are quiet red so will definitely need a paintjob, but that will happen later. Mounted them with just a couple of bolts and without the fender rubbers just to get a feel for what they look like:
2021.04.11-kerscher-widened-fenders2.jpg
Looks pretty good I think. The rear isn't using the wide 944 hubs yet, so those should align with the edge of the fenders pretty nicely once I switch the hubs. The front I'm not 100% sure about but I'll probably need to move the spindles out a bit anyway to get the camber in a usable range so I expect that to be fine as well.

Current plan is to finish the suspension in the coming three or so months.
Need to make some modifications to the GWD spring plate covers since they obstruct the up and down movement of the rear suspension because they collide with one of the spring plate bolts/nuts.
gwd_torsionbar_cover_mounted.jpg

Once that's done I can do some final measurements and order the shocks and springs for the rear and try to get it back on its four wheels

[edit] Added a photo of the car with the unpainted Kerscher fenders.

Last edited by Simon; April 11th 2021 at 14:48.
Old June 5th 2023, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Need to make some modifications to the GWD spring plate covers since they obstruct the up and down movement of the rear suspension because they collide with one of the spring plate bolts/nuts.
Attachment 4301
Only noticed this post reply just now.. not that I also use or have these (they look very nice though with the bearing and all inside), but its the 944 bolt that interferes right?

Cool pic of your car withthe Kerscher fenders and Classic rims fitted! Keep these as the Classic II's are even heavier and don't help roadholding as such imo.

Keep the motivation!
Walter