GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old October 3rd 2013, 18:39

Such an awesome project, I would drive the hell out of it
Old October 4th 2013, 23:14

Always loved the Capri and as a youngster wanted one real bad. This one is awesome. Great job!
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old October 5th 2013, 07:16

I have to say - i am a little jealous of Rob's car! The only thing im not a fan of is the seats and harnesses! In fact i'd go as far to say i hate them! Its such a pita to get in and out of!

anyways....this is the final update! Friday was a manic day - first test drive AND MOT test!

So first 100 yards and we has a slight scraping noise. so we stopped and had a look - the prop was rubbing the handbrake slightly. okay, no biggy - then WOOOOSH! radiator hose blew off! Okay that was a little annoying - turned out one of the connector tubes used was not up to the job. So i went back to the workshop, got some water so we could limp it back to the workshop (on a single track road at this point with nowhere to turn round). I reversed back in the van then got a call from rob saying he had fallen off the road and was beached! ARGH!!

I came back with jacks and wood and managed to get him back up on the road. no damage done (other than robs ego! ) So we got back to the work shop, and raised the rear end slightly. That appeared to sort the prop clearence issue...off to the mot.... great first test drive although it failed the test on a bit of rust, rear break imbalance and some wiring issues. Back to the workshop to sort the issues then off to the MOT station again...along the track....then he runs out of fuel! This car really didnt want to be MOT'd lol! Made it to the MOT station 10 mins before closing and they kindly retest for us. WIN!!!! Shes finally on the road, with just a small list of minor jobs to do. Worked my balls off this week but it was definately worth it Stuff like this really makes me love my job

Old October 5th 2013, 13:38

One more vid