GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > Boxer AutoGruppe

Old January 21st 2007, 20:57

Bugfest 07 - Dyno Day

Just to let you guys know of the show we (Volks'r'us car club) are organizing.

Saturday August 18,2007 - Dyno Day.

We're renting out a tuning shop with a chassis dyno. It's located on the east side (Ajax, Ontario). The damage will be $C60 for 2 pulls and a third 1/4 mile simulator. We'll have a BBQ going to keep the crowds happy. The shop needs atleast 10 participants. Please contact me to register. Open to all makes/models likeVW's, Audi's, Porsches and even NSU's . We'll organize a VW cruise after the dyno event.

Sunday August 19,2007 - Show

It's located at Haugens Chicken and BBQ in Port Perry Ontario. It's a judged show. The show is open all the usual German marques (even NSU's). It'll run from about 9-3.

It's a little in the year early to mention the show, but I'd appreciate help. We need volunteers for the usual labour duties (setup, registration, cleanup) aswell as those with the 'gift-of-gab' to secure sponsers and vendors. We are looking for sponsers for monetary contributions aswell as small items for goody bags and door prizes. Please contact me if you can contribute in any capacity.

Lanner
Old January 21st 2007, 21:15

Just to keep this show in context:

I think we'd all agree the VW world is getting smaller. I remember going to the Scarborough Great Canadian show about 10 years ago. I had just purchased by beetle at the time and was amazed at the crowds and cars. There were literary hundreds of cars and thousands of people. My car was still a project in a million pieces in the garage, but seeing all these amazing cars and enthusiastic crowds was just the fuel I needed to give me the drive to work on Ms. Rusty at home.

The next summer, I hit every show I could find around here like the June jitterbug, the Kitchener bug out, the London dealership show, the European interest show and the Great Canadian. Life was good.

Over the years, noticed the shows starting to disappear. The London show was no longer held. The great Canadian was on shaky grounds, moving location a couple of times. It finally conceded many years back. The European interest met the same fate after 2005.

These days, I’ve got to go further and further to get my VW fix. I typically hit most of the shows in the Northeast (Michigan, Ohio etc), but not everyone is an enthusiastic (or has the free time) to pull these 4-10 hour drives.

You get where this conversation is going. I don’t mean to be too ‘preachy’, but we’ve got to keep the shows alive in order to keep the ‘scene’ alive. Regardless of whether you like the stockers, the cal lookers or the German-lookers, you like the cars. If you just wanted a fast car you could spend a whole lot less to build a Honda or Subaru.

Anyways, bring ‘em out this year.
Lanner
Old January 22nd 2007, 02:40

When is the latest one can enroll?

Ajax is nine hours away. Mid-August doesn't conflict with anything VKG and may just fit my tight schedule.

And I am dying to dyno my Type IV.
Old January 22nd 2007, 10:21
Administrator

Very nice post Lanner.

All I can contribute (hopefully) is my presence at this show with the turbo T4. You can count on my $60, even if I cannot make the show.

I'm interested to see what kind of #'s a certain NSU can put up. If the NSU is not ready, Alex can run by himself on the rollers .....

Sandeep
Old January 22nd 2007, 13:41

I would love to come and teat my BUG but my motor wont be done by then
but can I take my Crach rocket

Chris.

I'll just come to the show and watch
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old January 22nd 2007, 14:10

I should be up and running by then! Count me in to Lanner!( Dyno and some volunteer work) Also I will ask around the water cooled guys and some of the shops that I know! Lets see if we can make this a big one!
Old January 22nd 2007, 17:51

The Big Day

Lanner : agree: I totally agree with you. For most of us this is the reason why we got involved in VW world. The cars, people and the excitement that was created everybody wanted a VW. For the past 20 years I also attended shows almost anywhere they were I was there.
The cars are not sold, the people are not coming out. We all have to recreate this excitement that got us all hooked. We can recreate this by asking for help from the experienced and get there advice. Get them involved as they are the experts. They must know how to recreate the engergy and excitment again.

I can also show support through Dyno day and do some volunteer work. We can all do a part whether it's a financial, contribution (drinks, food or etc...) or advertise through word of mouth. We can all do a little something; it's a start.

This Is A Great Idea

Big Daddy
Old January 28th 2007, 00:37

Sandeep,

if I go on the rollers you better increase your boost to keep up ;-).
Since I never had a real finished project my legs and feet got quite some training.

BTW....project NSU TTS is now featured on www.fourtitude.com ;-)

Project NSU TTS

Alex
Old January 29th 2007, 01:29

I'm in for the Dyno day!
Old February 3rd 2007, 05:28

From the Silver Dollar Showdown thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
For the record, I asked about when would be the latest one could sign up because mid-August may be a date I could attend.

For the record, no one answered -- not even with an "I don't know yet" or "We need ten by a certain date" or "We have a certain number as a cutoff" or something.

That high-sounding pep-talk contained within said thread becomes pretty stinking hollow when an interested party is ignored.
Sorry no one answered. I don't know. We have a meeting coming up in a couple weeks, and i'm sure Lanner (Flat) will share the details. We've talked about a Dyno Day for a couple years, and this announcement has been a great surprise to everyone.

Last edited by petevw; February 3rd 2007 at 05:34.
Old February 3rd 2007, 10:07

I've got the date penciled in just in case I can do it.

Thanks.
Old February 3rd 2007, 15:18

Sorry, I missed a couple posts.

There is no deadline, but if you know you are down, then an early registration will help meet out 10 car minimum so we can confirm the reservation of the dyno shop. It'll be a good time, alot of guys are stepping up and the sponsors are being pretty generous. We'll be making fire and burning flesh. The BBQ prices will be throw-back to the good-ol-days.

Lanner
Old February 4th 2007, 07:12

It sounds like a top-drawer production. I hope I can make it but I doubt I will know my August until May. I am sure it will be a success.
Old February 6th 2007, 23:46

Just to get everyone in the 'cruising' mood:

Lanner
Old February 8th 2007, 21:04

Awesome pic!