GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old August 22nd 2007, 11:23

1965 Beetle $2000 in Amherst, MA

I'm putting my 1965 Beetle up for sale. It is currently located in Amherst, MA.

Some details:

1. It doesn't have an engine, but the original transmission has been clearanced for a 12V flywheel.
2. The brakes were completely overhauled in around 1998 (I may still have the reciepts somewhere). A local (at the time) VW shop in Spring Lake, NC resurfaced the drums, replaced brake cylinders, and replaced all hard and soft lines. I'm not sure if the master cylinder was replaced, though.
3. I think I put about 2000 miles on after the brake job until the engine melted on Thanksgiving Day in 1998. It hasn't been driven since, but it has been towed on all fours from NC to MA.
4. I had the floorpans, part of the right inner fender well (bottom of the A-pillar), and the front apron replaced by a different shop in Spring Lake.
5. The original gas tank and engine block (head-to-head) were stolen while the car was in storage, but I did get a replacement tank and still have the original engine sheet metal parts.

I will get pictures of the car tomorrow. If you need to see specific areas, let me know, I will get them. If you have any questions, let me know: bugsoup at gmail dot com.

I am selling it to make more room in storage for my 1956 GL (that has been 5 years and waiting) and I am poor super-senior in college taking a semester off to work. I need the money. I have some other parts, too, that were going into the '65, but now I don't need those. Let me know what you need and I will see if I have it.

Also, if you are in eastern MA and have some garage or backyard space I could use, please let me know. I need a place to keep or work on my '56.

My Blog
Please help me get a minimac
Parts I Need
1965 Beetle "Gordie", 1956 GL Beetle

Last edited by bugsoup; August 22nd 2007 at 11:31. Reason: added location