GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old April 20th 2006, 18:13

lazy's chassis for sale

just seen this on samba will make a good buy for someone http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=302454
cheers jon
zx7rr
Old April 20th 2006, 22:40

"For all that are keeping track of my project on germanlook.com I AM NOT GIVING UP ON IT! I've decided to go with a full chromoly tube chassis and 993 turbo multi-link rear suspension and 993 C2 front suspension, Mid engine'd, 6 speed g50, 400 hp Subaru motor, and hopefully around 1600 lbs. "

All is well.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...
Old April 21st 2006, 12:16

long time lurker, seldom poster.... but...

I knew it was only a matter of time before you outgrew that stock chassis the way the build was going. I look forward to checking out the build pics to come! :agree:
Old April 23rd 2006, 17:36

what does lazy mean by: "New Puma adjustable beam (setup for coil-overs, just bolt them up, the hard part is taken care of!)" what kind of mods were made to beam and wich kind of coil overs? By the way lazy, have you done thay camaro-bilstein coilover modification? can you give me your infos on the conversion please. It looks like the cheapest way to lower the front of a bug+ extra precision in handling+ bilstein quality.
Old May 1st 2006, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenware
long time lurker, seldom poster.... but...

I knew it was only a matter of time before you outgrew that stock chassis the way the build was going. I look forward to checking out the build pics to come! :agree:
I'm not sure if i should take that as an insult...hearing this from someone with 7 posts is actually kinda humurous. Without getting defensive, working 75 hrs a week, 7 days a week trying to fund my C2 and my bug is very difficult for a 22 yr old guy to keep up with the posts here, i'll post pics of my new G'Looker asap.

Well, yes i have decided to go with a tube chassis for obvious reasons. And hopefully i'll get someone a good deal at the same time. Let me know if you are interested...801-830-7107.

98' Audi A4
93' T-Bird (oh yeah!)
90' 911 C2
74' beetle
Old May 4th 2006, 22:19

Not an insult at all, but why would me having only 7 posts make my comment funny? I've been tinkering with VWs for more than 15 years (some air, some water). Could I get some honorary posts to account for those years?

Anyway, a tube chassis was really the next logical step. Trying to come up with a coilover setup up front and the possibility of the upper shock mounts being a weak point for coilovers, working with mating that rear end to a stock chassis... You made the right call and I just figured that was where you were gonna end up going once you purchased the rearend assy. I only mentioned it as a form of conversation... Not meant to be an insult at all, I always look for your posts to see where your project is going. I'm building a Megasquirted Subaru powered 1303... not to the extent of your car, but it's nice to see someone else going the Subaru route that is also highly concerned with handling.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:04

Sounds like a little misunderstanding brewing. I don't think anything negative was meant from either camp, shake and break clean.

I'll be glad to spell out my opinion...
LLB, if your project wasn't constantly evolving, I would think you had lost your vision.

Jeff-
VKG Bastage child