GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Wheels

Old August 14th 2006, 11:14

5x100 BBS wheels on Porsche 944 Brakes

I have a nice set of ASA AR1s that are currently on my MKIV Jetta with a bolt pattern of 5x100. They're shed with 205/55R16 tires and I really like them. I like the way they look.

I am going to be selling the car soon but I don't want to sell the wheels. I will put the stock wheels back on to sell it and I want to put the wheels on my '74 Super Beetle.

Here's my problem. I am in the midst of a full brake conversion from an '86 Porsche 944 onto the Super, from Spindles on out. I know that the stock bolt pattern for the Porsche wheels is 5x130. What is the easiest way to get the my wheels onto by Super?

Wheels in question:

Thanks,
Mikey
Old August 14th 2006, 16:54

The easiest way to go about your business is to sell whatever you have 944-wise and get VDubEngineering's Golf IV conversion. If there is a shortcut one can take saving some of your 944 bits, Lanner at the above-mentioned site will know how to advise.

If there is a way of having 944 blanks drilled and studded for a 5x100 pattern, make sure the hub sizes of a 944 and a MkIV are compatible. I had Karmann Ghia disks drilled for a 5x100 pattern and then had to have the front wheels machined from the inside to accommodate the hub size differences (72.3mm versus 57.1mm). You can't tell with the wheels on the car but it was a step I wasn't counting on.