GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old January 24th 2004, 06:05

Hey Axel R,

I know what you mean about to much $$$ & not enough brains to learn to drive the cars they buy.
Here in the UK it's mostly Scoobys that they seem to get wrapped around posts, poles & anything else that seems to 'JUMP' out in front of them

I was just being a little cynical about the Vipers (British humour )

Rob.
Old January 24th 2004, 22:22

Location: Calgary , AB , Canada - Home of the Western Conference Champion Calgary Flames!!!
Hey , judtdubbing , Being from across the pond , I'm not sure what you get for snow out there , but over here in the colonies(Canada) , we get more than our fair share . Starting last night we got a pretty good dump of the white stuff . I had to run some errands today , and even though I have lived here all of my life , I still can't believe the amount of stupid people out here who shouldn't be on the road , but think that it will be all right . I live on the edge of town , and was driving on a country road when I came across a couple in a minivan in the ditch . I was helped by several other guys , and we got them out . The guy driving said to me "It's a minivan , what do you expect?" . I guess he didn't notice that I , too , was driving a minivan , and had absolutely no problems whatsoever . The thing is , not to blow my own horn , that I drive so much as a part of my job , that I have learnt how to drive in all weather conditions . When ever the weather turns miserable , I don't worry about the conditions , I worry about the other drivers and what kind of trouble that they will cause . Axl
Old January 26th 2004, 13:45

Axl R,

Snow, we only get it probably once a year, we're actually due to have the worst snow storms for about 10-20 years (according to the weather men...but what do they know )I would expect a couple of 50+ car pile ups on the motorway when it does hit, out of the maybe 35-40 million drivers we have in this country, I would imagine there’s only about 2-300,000 that can actually drive real good in all conditions
We must be one of the wettest countries in the northern hemisphere and you should see the driving standards in the rain.
I think there are three types of driver, those who can drive, those who think they can drive & those who should stick to walking.

Lets all look forward to the insurance rises next year then

Rob.