GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Feedback, Suggestions, & Help

Old December 28th 2004, 11:03

A BIG thank you from GermanLook.com

The end of another year. 2004 saw some changes for GermanLook.com. Alex and Sandeep, who sunk their hearts, minds and a whole lot of time into getting GermanLook.com up and running, decided to step out to understandably spend more time with additions to their families and such. Again I would like to thank them and wish them the best.

I, Zen, took over admin of the site upon their leaving. I have introduced a few subtle changes to the site and have more in the works. Evolutionary, not revolutionary. I hope you like what you have seen and hope it keeps you coming back and telling your friends about it. I see the German Look as a great opportunity to keep the aircooled addiction alive in what otherwise has become quite a stale recycling of looks (Cal, resto, etc). The German Look has been around for quite some time, but its recent worldwide attention has brought it to the forefront. All members here are part of that charge and you set the roadmap for it. It will only become what you make it become. I know I have bought in fully (esp just having given up my Porsche for a GL Ghia daily driver on top of my project GL).

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for giving me the chance to be a part of this and keeping the site up and alive. It has been invaluable to my project car build and I know I could not have accomplished what I have without it. I have beared the cost of hosting and licensing personally through 2004 due to the way the switch over of ownership timing occurred. I hope our sponsors will continue with us to ensure the site can stay up and running. I encourage all members to provide them feedback on how much they mean to this site, preferably with showing your support of them by patronizing them with some business, but at least a thank you note to them. I have also added a "donate" button to the "Resources" section on the main site so that you can provide direct support of GermanLook.com through a direct donation.

Anyway, sorry for the length, but wanted to express my thanks, remind you to keep an eye out for some new functions, merchandise, contests, and info for the site, and remind you to keep tech articles, car features, and show coverage coming (the site is only what you make of it through content submission). Have a great 2005!!!!!!!

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 28th 2004, 12:45

Yes!!!!!

I think i need to thank EVERYONE apart of this comunity. like Zen was saying, i would not be where i am without the help of this forum and the people in it.

I think the GL tuning style is what it should be all about, Driving (fast, and sporty), looking good (That means Quality) and most importantly...having fun. The other styles will still be cool in my book, but the GL is what i love the most.

So thank's yall!
Jonathan :agree:

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old December 29th 2004, 01:57

Thanks for providing a great service. The info here has been very helpful and inspiring. I couldn't and wouldn't have done my project without it. Keep up the good work.
Old December 30th 2004, 06:31

Hi

Thanks for all your hard work and the hard work of the previous people. Its reall great to come to a forum where everyone is polite.

Steve
Old December 30th 2004, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C
Its reall great to come to a forum where everyone is polite.

Steve
i want to go out of my way to emphasize that. i have spent a little time recently on the water-cooled VW sites as i was looking for one (ended up with a Ghia ). one guy would post some pics of his car and 60% of the comments were just plain rude. zero respect for others and their tastes. all of the members of this board have consistently shown respect for one another (maybe it is the heavy international factor) and i for one appreciate it. :agree:

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 31st 2004, 03:32

Ya know, I have noticed that to now that you guys have mentioned it. And it is great isn't it!

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old December 31st 2004, 03:38

Hi All,

Have a safe and happy year 2005, may all your dreams come true !
Old December 31st 2004, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
i want to go out of my way to emphasize that. i have spent a little time recently on the water-cooled VW sites as i was looking for one (ended up with a Ghia ). one guy would post some pics of his car and 60% of the comments were just plain rude. zero respect for others and their tastes. all of the members of this board have consistently shown respect for one another (maybe it is the heavy international factor) and i for one appreciate it. :agree:
Very True, it's amazing that even guys who strayed to the dark side still get support from the people on this board. :agree:
In this day and age of the internet message boards it's a relief to being able to post your questions / remarks without a flame suit.

Many thanks to the people who currently and previously maintained this board !

Rob.
Old January 1st 2005, 14:48

A big thanks to everyone who operated this site in the past and in the present. My car would still be a pile of parts if it wasn't for the help of everyone here.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old January 2nd 2005, 11:56
Administrator

Yes,,,, Thanks to all that have made this site possible. Thanks to Alex and Sandeep for starting everything and getting the flame lit. Thanks to Zen for taking the torch and moving it forward. Thanks to everyone that submitted Tech Articles, Show Articles, Features, Members cars, Gallery pix, and shared their ideas and experiences. I hope this community grows and more of the same caliber people join us.
Here is to a great 2005. :agree:
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old January 28th 2005, 03:54

thank you to all the people who are responsible and very supportive to the germanlook community, its still hard to create a pure germanlook car, but still if you have modern large diameter wheels and your vw can perform like a sprots car thats fine, it dosent matter how cheap you've done it the important thing is your having fun, thanks guys.
Old January 31st 2005, 00:27

I just signed up at the Volksrodders forum, and while its nice to read about others who like doing crazy things to their VWs, it's very true that this happens to be one of the more polite, respectful, and generally helpful sites I've been around. Thanks guys.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S