GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old October 5th 2006, 00:10

Need help adjusting my strut height.

Got a set of Topline adjusta struts put in the car. It's too damn low.
I didn't want it as low as it is ti begin with, but the guy who did it for me was very cool on the payment (he helped a lot on this) and It looked pretty cool (at first). Now...I've got rubber shredded all over the place on the passenger side and a fender w/ an odd bend in it where I "fixed" it after the rolled in part rolled OUT and gouged my tire. ANY extra weight up front makes the old.....grrrrrrind noise (fender to tire) and I need to lift it up a bit. He offered to charge me $180 to lift it up a notch, but I still owe him for the drop.

SOooooo.... How do I do it with a minimal amount of tools and nothing to compress the spring? Just want to lift it up one notch (maybe two? how many inches is that?) ALSO....the driver's side sits a bit lower...would it be a bad idea to raisse the driver's side a notch higher than the passenger's to compensate?

NEED DETAILED answers...pleeeeease........

YEs, I searched a bit before this post...I have been a member for some time now.
Old October 5th 2006, 08:47

basically you just need to lift the bottom perch to move the round snap ring.
I have heard different methods of supporting the bottom perch (Metal/wood bracket) while the car was jacked up . Then lower the car and the perch lifts up.
If you choose to do this, be very careful . The spring is still under pressure and could do some serious damage to you if it slips.