Administrator

It is coming together nicely.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old January 20th 2013, 06:04

Nice work!
Old January 20th 2013, 22:52

I am really digging that colour!! Looking good!!
Old January 22nd 2013, 23:41

update time. this weekend i got all my suspension/ brakes switched over and wheels. tonight i also got my coolant pipes painted as well. hoping that tomarrow ill get to install the coolant pipes/radiator into the new bug. as always...onto the pics.

Old January 23rd 2013, 05:51

Nice! I like the color too! A friend of mine has a very similar color on his 1303 GL also.
Old January 26th 2013, 23:03

today i got the cooling pipes, and radiator all installed. on with the pics.

i first started by cutting out the spare wheel well.

then i removed the metal piece that unbolts from the pan head.

here you can see the new one i made from my old car and the original one. this new mount will now be the lower radiator mount.

heres the radiator installed

and lastly i got the cooland pipes installed.

Old January 27th 2013, 05:54

Looking nice! Having a 1303 certainly makes the radiator install easier. I agree on the stock 3.88 R&P gearing being too low for the WBX especially with smaller rolling radius tyres - my rears are 215/40r17 and while it is certainly rapid on back roads and I frequently hit 100mph in it on the way to work, it's not ideal for long distance cruising. I have a 915 box waiting to go in and when I rebuilt it I realised that was 3.88 R&P and 0.82 5th, so effectively a freeway flyer in top - should be nice

What spec is your engine?
'02 Passat Sport Diseasel Estate ("Das Boot")
'05 Seat Leon FR, chipped (Mrs Moog's toy really...)
Old January 28th 2013, 00:04

My motor right now is stock. It does have the AMC heads on it. I have it running on megasquirt efi controlling fuel and spark. As this car gets built, I have a turbo that will be gong on it.
Old February 2nd 2013, 21:59

little update guys/gals. progress has slowed up a bit due to funds and now i think i caught the flew. im HOPING i can get back to the shop monday and get some more work done to it. we will see. just waiting on my tax returns so i can get a headliner put in it, and 4 new fiber glass fenders. but i did manage to get my driver side seat mounts made and installed, and i installed my sunroof and polished and painted all the goodies that go inside of it.

Old February 20th 2013, 00:35

i know its been awhile since ive had some good things to update about. well over the past 2 weeks or so its been just ordering lots of parts, and playing the waiting game. i got my box of goodies in from mid america. in it i got my headliner, but im waiting on my interior guy to call me and let me know when he is ready for it. so while im waiting, ive gotten the door handles, trunk, and decklid handles all painted. i choose to go with Atlas Gray...its also a O.E. factory vw color. it came on the mk2 golf/jetta's. a cool idea i had going into this build was to try and use all O.E. vw colors. but the color looks GREAT aginst the green. also my fenders came in today from Markvfiberglass. i bought the flaired fenders. they look good and what not, but....after doing the whole " lets hold them up against the car and see how they fit"...well im fairly unhappy with the fitment. so they will need some creative fiber-glassing to make work right. also the headlight buckets are closed in. if anyone has any info as to what headlight buckets i need to get or how i mount/mount the trim ring, please chime in. well as always..on to the pics.

Old February 20th 2013, 20:25

Wow, I love how the painted door handles pop against the green, I think you just convinced me to do some similar. How wide are the fenders from markv?

As far as the headlight buckets go, just make a paper template from a headlight assembly and mock it up before you do any cutting. Use tape to hold the headlight rings for mock up. Since there's no lip to retain the top of the rings I used a small flat head screw to do the job on my race bug and haven't had any problems.
Old February 21st 2013, 01:38

cool thanks humble, could i ask you if you could post up some pics of how you mounted them? the fenders are 1 1/2 inch wider over stock... basically the width of the flared lip.

well tonight i got to work on my fenders. since they really didnt fit well at all/ if any, i dreamed up a way to solve the issue. what i did was i cut the mounting lip off my stock steel fender. then i mounted that to the car and got it squared up. then i cut the mounting lip off my fiberglass fender. then i set the fiberglass fender onto the steel lip that i bolted to the car. i then used some panel bond epoxy to help bond the fiberglass to the metal. i used some self tap metal screws to hole the fender in place and in shape that it needs to be. once the epoxy dries ill then pull the fender off, and ill fiberglass the inner part of the fender where it meats the metal lip. all in hopes it stays put and doesnt fall apart...lol. well i got home tonight and got my CB performance turbo header in today as well with my fuel rails, and crankcase breather/ filler. well as always..on to the goods.

Last edited by cookvw; February 21st 2013 at 01:47.
Old February 21st 2013, 05:33

Nice project! Keep on going!
Old February 21st 2013, 20:18

Great build! I had been planning on something of similar look!
Old March 18th 2013, 22:44

well heres some more updates. sorry its been awhile guys, but i have been busy. i got the fenders all sorted to a livable state. their still far from perfect in my eyes, but they will work till i can afford some other flaired fiberglass fenders, or just get some stock steel ones and flair them, but all in due time i suppose.

yes the rear will settle quie a bit once the motor goes in. now that i got the fenders outta the way, i can get started on the motor stuff later this week im hoping.