GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Transmissions

Old December 29th 2005, 15:02

Smile Transmission for engine?

Hello everyone and Happy Newyear!! The question I have is: I am using a EJ20 in my 74' 1303 and have decieded on using a 915( works out $$$) for the gear splits instead of using the stock tranny and having to upgrade/change ratio's etc. Can anyone tell me if the Kennedy adapters that are offered will fit the Subaru? I cannot get a response from them with a email-I would also like to ask if anybody has used the 915 and used a mount that lifted the rear up 1 to 11/2 inches-like the RonLummusRacing mount?Has anyone used the above tunnel shift rod and if they have would did you use for a shift box? can you use the orginal from the Porsche and mount it on the top of the center tunnel?? Iknow lots of questions- sorry, but I am trying to get as much info as possible
I hope everone got what they wanted for Christmas!!!
take care everybody!!!
nohair
Old December 30th 2005, 04:42

Nohair

Get a hold of Martin at Bugat5speed, he has a subi in his bug with a 901/5 speed. He might have what your looking for.
You can do a search for him on here and get his email address.

Chris
Old December 30th 2005, 05:26

915 conversion

Hi Nohair,

as far as I do know Kennedy´s offer a 915 adapter plate to the Subi-engine. I bought mine here in Germany and could also get one for you (or you order directly)

I have 915 gearbox conversion parts for installation into bug. Have own moulds for a short nose cone, a very solid front traverse and do also offer axle flanges with 100 mm diameter. Have a own shifter for 901/914 and also for 915-gearboxes.

Am driving a 1303 with a 2.2 Subaru with 914-gearbox. This car will be in next issue of VW Speed (02/2006). My colleague has one with Subaru Turbo with 280 PS (issue 10/2005 VW Speed). Am having an own mould for a flat aluminium cast oilpan for the Subaru-engines. This sump gives 5 cm more ground than an original one.

If you´re interested have a look on my site www.bugat5speed.de. It´s only in Deutsch at the moment, but will be in English also soon. If you have further questions, please contact me directly via e-mail (info@bugat5speed.de)

Cheers Martin