GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 24th 2009, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Ahh now I understand what you are saying.The coil overs I have from Remmele for the rear are IIRC the 2nd generation ones that are made from Bilstein for Remmele.The front unit is the 1st generation model made from Koni for Remmele.The current model suspension is self produced.The good thing with the rear suspension I have is that I am not limited to the springs that are delivered with it.I can choose from various manufactuerers such as KW or other Bilstein springs.I admit you are the first person I have heard to say there is a better option/improvement to the Remmele coil overs using them with torsion bars.They were designed to eliminate the torsion bars.I have heard many pros and cons for the front uni-ball set up.Not everyone likes it.I will see how the car reacts without the torsion bars first.Thanks for the tip!
A further consideration that should be noted on the uniball set up on the rear is that you will transmit road noise staight into the chassis that might be a little wearing on the senses in a car primarily for the road. From the tyres there will be nothing to moderate the NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) that will be generated by the tyre since all the contacts are now solid metal. At least with torsion bars you will have rubber or more likely polyurethane bushings of various selectable hardnesses to damp out those vibes.

Rest assured, I am not judging what you are doing I'm just trying to expose the bigger picture. Ultimately, the choice must be yours and you ought to have chosen your solution based upon your criteria but with as much information as you can obtain.

Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

Clive