GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old April 5th 2016, 22:18

Clear coated and everything refitted just shorty after I took these photos. Gonna mount the front glass next, then try to get it running.

Old April 7th 2016, 21:35

The front glass and seats back in. Cleaned up the front end with a good scrub and some clay treatment.

Old April 11th 2016, 15:11

OK, I have a question for you guys. I installed one of the side windows, new seals, etc. It is super tight. As in, I broke one of the latches trying to close it. Eyeballing it, it looks like the alignment is a little closer to the lower edge of the window frame than the upper, but it didn't seem like there is any room for adjustment up and down or otherwise with the tiny screws on the hinge which holds the window frame. Thoughts/suggestions?

Do I need to just let the rubber set in place for a while (days or weeks) until it conforms to the frame, then try to latch it shut? I can't imagine Hanover having to do this, but I don't want to bust another latch again.

Old April 20th 2016, 19:46

Anyhoo, got another center cap cut, polished up the wheel and mounted it.

Old August 20th 2016, 16:31

It's a been a long and too hot summer. Haven't had as much time to put into the girl as I'd like, but still getting stuff done. Got another spike center cap fabbed up and doing a test fit here on the left rear wheel before I pull the wheel off to secure the screws on the inside. Got it running also. Megasquirt has had a whole world of challenges for me (headaches really--corrupted firmware, it stopped recognizing the ignition signal, a quite a few other little things not in the books), but it seems to be fairly good now. Will go wasted-spark eventually, but still tuning the fuel just for now.

Took the bus around the block today. First time in almost 4 years she's been driven. Pretty smooth so far.

http://vid52.photobucket.com/albums/...psaf4yyhtd.mp4
Old September 24th 2016, 11:41

Talking

Putting all the parts and pieces back on her still. Got the bumper on and I had to adjust it four times. When I did the IRS swap it shifts the engine down and to the drivers' side about 10mm. I didn't think much of it until the tailpipes didn't line up with the cutouts (those were cut back when it was S/A).

Anyhoo, several "adjustments" to the brackets shifted everything over to where the pipes lined up.

Looking more like the old rally support vehicle she was (which she was twice back in 2001 for a Pro GT team in Arizona!).

Old September 24th 2016, 16:20

Love the rally Look...
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old October 4th 2016, 15:36

Thanks Man.

Back to plug welding some holes on the interior. Not too pretty back there, but all the small holes are filled up. Going to either work towards painting the rest of the interior or lower the front end a little.

Old November 5th 2016, 15:35

I lowered the front end a little. And by a little, I mean 5mm. I know this sounds tiny, but I'm not trying to slam it just make it level with the rear end. It's almost there I just need to do another 5mm. Also finished the last spike cap. I tried a different approach with the cutter and the finish turned out a lot smoother.

Old April 5th 2017, 14:45

Not too much progress. I got some seatbelts out of a 924 and fabbing up the brackets to get them to work in the bus. A neighbor and his kid helped me get the rear window in also.

We got for rides around the neighborhood every now and then, but that's about it until I get some things squared away. Also in the process of redoing my garage as I hate this ratty old one I have now.

Old June 21st 2017, 18:53

That's a bit better...and a lot cooler inside the shop now with the sun hitting the cedar instead of the shingles on the walls. Going to soundproof the back wall next as the neighbors behind us were complaining. The speakers I put together and the rest of the sound system isn't too big and everything is pointed towards the end of the driveway, but I don't want to piss those people off if they can still hear it in their house.

Old December 17th 2017, 01:02
Administrator

Any updates?
Old December 25th 2017, 00:06

Very little. I put some Porsche style door pulls on the front doors and have been sanding the interior mid- and rear-sections getting ready to paint them. That's about it though. I've been too much of an audio whore the last few months. I'm going to take a break from that soon though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170930_142321.jpg (55.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20171224_104336.jpg (80.8 KB, 12 views)
Old May 6th 2018, 22:30

I've been steadily sanding and prepping the rest of the interior to paint it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180506_192635.jpg (78.9 KB, 3 views)
Old August 1st 2018, 21:15

Got some welding done this week on a bar for the rear seatbelts before I clean up the last of the firewall inside and the floor. Powder coated it today and did a test fit. I ran out of CO2 gas a while ago and have been using flux core wire. Doesn't look quite as pretty, but not bad. Took me a while to put speed holes in the bracket with my bench punch, but of course would've taken considerably longer drilling the holes.

You can see the paws of my helper there up on the shelf, .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SeatbeltBracket2.jpg (80.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SeatbeltBracket.jpg (79.8 KB, 6 views)