GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 4th 2003, 10:42

wanted: 1303 or 1302

Hi,

My first choice of a car for my GL project is a 1975 Super Beetle. A sunroofed version would be a plus, but not an absolute necessity.

My co-second choices are a 1971 or a 1972 sunroofed 1302.

My co-third choices are a 1973 Sports Bug or a 1974 Sun Bug. The former could be either color. The latter must be a Super Beetle hardtop. European special editions are okay, too, provided they are LHD and they are 1302s or 1303s.

The car must have minimal rust. I realize "minimal" is quite subjective but suffice to say it must be safe to drive or be towed without extensive repairs.

The car should have minimal upgrades. For example, I don't want to pay someone for their respray if I'm going to turn around and have it stripped and painted.

Modifications in the GL spirit may be looked upon fondly.

Drivetrain condition is not important. If it's in good condition, I will pay a premium for it. However, I am not interested in a modified engine, as it will be eventually replaced.

I don't care about minor fender or bumper damage. I don't care if the interior is somewhat rough. The car cannot have been in an accident where the structural integrity was compromised.

I'm located in the mid-Atlantic region of the US. The nearer, the better. However, I will cross the Mississippi or even the Atlantic for the right car. (I do check VolksWorld as well as all of the other popular sites.)

Thanks,
René