GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Transmissions

Old July 21st 2005, 04:44

Don't know as I didn't see the neccesity to find out the exact differences at that time...
Sorry,
Walter
Old July 21st 2005, 17:46

wally thanks for the reply, did you at least use a metal line?

if so what does your setup look like? I mean what sort of flaring and threads are used? metric? and did it use a std flare or a bubble flare like the vw brake lines?

thanks
Rip
Old July 22nd 2005, 08:05

Rip,
The CNC slave cylinder uses a pipe-thread on the cylinder itself, as I believe do most aftermarket mastercylinders. But I'm pretty sure it is delivered with an american flare adapter fitting already installed. Not sure about the particular MC in the SACO kit - never been able to find out exactly what or where it came from. You should definitely use a steel line from the MC back to near the slave, with a flexible hose section between steel line and slave since the slave moves each time you push the clutch. Be sure to secure the steel line at the transition to flexible, keep the hard line stationary. Adapter fittings are readily available so you could switch between types of fittings/hoses/flares just about anywhere you want, but for ease of assembly I'd stay with one or the other (as much as possible). There's also AN, which you may want to use for the flex line portion since various lengths of flexible AN SS hoses are also readily available and inexpensive. I've found the steel hard lines readily available in both metric/bubble and american flare in a variety of lengths at the local auto parts stores.
Just to give a "for instance", I was originally planning on plumbing my brake system using a Porsche MC, metric hard lines (that match the MC flare), then going to AN adapters, flexible AN SS hoses, then AN to pipe and finally into the pipe thread Wilwood calipers. For the rear line include another set of adapter fittings to run the proportioning valve - talk about adapter city!! Due to other changes I've since decided to to run a Wilwood balance bar brake pedal and dual MCs and keeping it all American and AN. Careful planning is the key....
Jeff
Old July 23rd 2005, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip
wally thanks for the reply, did you at least use a metal line?

if so what does your setup look like? I mean what sort of flaring and threads are used? metric? and did it use a std flare or a bubble flare like the vw brake lines?

thanks
Rip
No, there are no metric things in that kit. But...our brake line over here are not metric either. I believe the lines are 3/16 " so the fittings for the plastic Saco line fitted snugly over my euro, steel 3/16" brake line

Regards,
Walter
Old October 28th 2012, 19:33

Pictures for me???

It would be really great to have those pictures up here again. I always get bummed out when I find a good thread but the pictures have been deleted. Anyway, thanks if ya do. Ok if ya don't.