GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 28th 2012, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hay Richard, I put off to long the 356 lifters money problems () no one seems to have them in the states. I hope you have not forgot me and Engine Plus. I have a machinst friend that will try and make me a complete set. I have a stock .020 over set in regular meterial. What I need is a good choice in Bonze alloy. I was looking for Beryillum, but I have learned that is copper. Richard, do you know of any Bonze that will make a good set of bearings?

My machinst made these for me with ease on a regular lath.
If I can get my hands on a good set of 356 lifters can your guy laser them for me? Stay in touch, good to hear from you.
No, I remember your issue with E Plus...

As to the Beryllium Copper that is used for valve seats for Titanium valves, it's like around 80% copper with something like 3% Beryllium and 17% of other materials for example to hold the materials together.

My friend no longer works at the EDM shop, he has moved back to Germany. And lasers were not used, it was an electrical charge (Electrical Discharge Machining) on little tiny copper rods or wire.

As to the 356 style lifters, I recommend you pass on those for your Turbo build, the spring pressure needed for boost I think is to much for those lifters.

I recommend you have your bronze lifter bushings machined out to Type 1 lifter diameter and run Tool Steel Type 1 lifters, they will handle the spring pressure and Turbo Spool far better than the 356 style lifters. There are a number of people who carry them.

I liked your cyl's, except for the stud pattern. And your going to need to mock those up on your motor, and I am talking about the crank installed at least one rod per side to determine how much they will have to be shortened to set your deck, due to they need to be machined before you have them plated.