GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Vendor announcements > Bug at 5-Speed

Old June 17th 2008, 15:40

Missing feedback from Martin

I have been having issues after installing Martins parts with my 915 gearbox in my 1302.
I have found the rubber mounts to be to soft for my sporty and track style driving. engine is moving to much in the engine bay. need stiffer mounts.

Have tried to contact martin twice by e-mail but no reply. this was before the forum went down.

So Martin if you read this please advice...

Other than the rubbermounts the parts are perfect! works great. especialy the shifter.

Oeyvind
Old June 18th 2008, 03:33

Hi,

sorry for not having answered. Have a new spam filter and I fear that some mails were blocked and I didnīt find them at all.
Which of the rubber mounts are too soft? The ones from the front traverse, or the ones from the rear mount?
The ones from the front mount are shore 80 and thatīs near to poly-material. The rear mount rubbers are shore 70 or 75.
We did not have any problems with the rubbers in our Turbo-projects. I always get informed very quickly if anything of my parts isnīt so as my colleague (who does the conversions) likes it to. He does a lot of Turbo-projects and his own car has 300 PS and 350 Nm.

Sorry, but i can not offer you any harder rubbers. If too soft you have to think about making ones from poly-material.

Sorry, once more for not answering.
Am very busy, but that was not the reason

Martin
Bug @ 5-Speed
Old June 18th 2008, 11:32

Yes its the 4 rear rubbermounts that is the problem.
It is no good customer support to say that you dont have a solution to the problem with your parts. At least you can try to sourche an alternative rubber or poly fastner.
Also the design of the fastners is no good. If they break there is nothing holding them together anymore. (like molded in steel hooks, like energy suspension use in engine mounts).

Im sure it is good enough for everyday use, but not for track/race/autocross use.
Old June 18th 2008, 16:09

Hi,

for all customers Iīve had yet the rear mount was ok. It is not only used in daily drivers. Already told you that cars with 300 PS have this part installed. They do not have the power only for telling stories.
Sorry that I can not offer you anything else, but what you need seems so specific that it would probably be only for you. Itīs not so easy to find a supplier that offers such blocks. If you have one then please let me know.
Sorry Oeyvind, but I really havenīt got the time to do research for a single project. For the standard (which is at a high level) the parts work.
If you bolt the alu blocks twice (each) to the bellhousing they are fixxed. Never had a customer that broke these blocks.

Wish you the best with your project.

Martin
Old June 18th 2008, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugat5speed View Post
Hi,

If you bolt the alu blocks twice (each) to the bellhousing they are fixxed. Never had a customer that broke these blocks.

Wish you the best with your project.

Martin

It was not the alu blocks that was the problem, They are more than solid enough!! But the rubber mounts. They are of the type that if the rubber breaks from over-stretching, they wil fall apart leaving the engine loose in the engine bay. Other types of this fastner (like energy suspension) have a backup system of steel hooks that take the load if the rubber fail.

I wil try to find harder mounts with backup system. but so far i have only found universal trans mounts for yankees car with inch threads.

(By the way the car is ready and performing very well. I like the shifter feel very much!)
Old June 20th 2008, 02:43

Hi,

thatīs what I meant when I talked of the time that you need to find supplieres and products for such an application. If you have something that fits, please let me know.

Nice that you like the shifter.

Good luck with your project!

Martin