GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old June 7th 2015, 04:27

Porsche oil squirters

Good evening, question, is there any company out there that sells main bearings, that has been modded for oil squirters.

Second question, my main bearings look as if they were made of only aluminum. Greg Riddle modded the bearings, but I am now worried about quality. Any pics of the steel backed ones. Also, what would be considered as the top of the line for type IV main bearings.
Old June 16th 2015, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Good evening, question, is there any company out there that sells main bearings, that has been modded for oil squirters.

Second question, my main bearings look as if they were made of only aluminum. Greg Riddle modded the bearings, but I am now worried about quality. Any pics of the steel backed ones. Also, what would be considered as the top of the line for type IV main bearings.
I did allot of research on this and its hard to beat the genuine original kolbenschmidt bearings, there are allot of others on the market, in questioning my engine builder , he says you can tell straight away the rubbish ones to good ones by the weight.
Old June 16th 2015, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
I did allot of research on this and its hard to beat the genuine original kolbenschmidt bearings, there are allot of others on the market, in questioning my engine builder , he says you can tell straight away the rubbish ones to good ones by the weight.

Thanks
Old June 18th 2015, 06:13

Kolbenschmidt GERMAN bearings are the best. However,they have been discontinued a few years ago. Those who have NOS bearings hord them. The current Kolbenschmidt bearings are made in Brasil and are not the same quality.
Silverline is garbage. Glyco is pretty good,they have steel backs and are tri-metal.
Old June 18th 2015, 06:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Kolbenschmidt GERMAN bearings are the best. However,they have been discontinued a few years ago. Those who have NOS bearings hord them. The current Kolbenschmidt bearings are made in Brasil and are not the same quality.
Silverline is garbage. Glyco is pretty good,they have steel backs and are tri-metal.
Thank you.
Old September 28th 2015, 16:34

i have them installed in my case RIMCO did the work and the supplied the bearing ! hopes this helps ! bob
Old September 28th 2015, 22:33

Hay, Rimco did mine also. I am more looking at a better bearing.