GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old February 23rd 2011, 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkdent View Post
Well deserved, certainly! It will be awhile before you've got any competition in my opinion.

Jason
Hey, thanks, Jason. Appreciate all the support
Old March 1st 2011, 08:37

What a fantastic car! The craftsmanship is incredible, I was blown away by all the details, really amazing! A german magazine "vw speed" titled the car the best oval ever. Great Job and thanks for sharing the pics a real inspiration!
Mark
Old March 1st 2011, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
What a fantastic car! The craftsmanship is incredible, I was blown away by all the details, really amazing! A german magazine "vw speed" titled the car the best oval ever. Great Job and thanks for sharing the pics a real inspiration!
Mark
Hey, thank you very much as I built the car (Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar) for Tim (he and his son came down and helped as often as they could).
Has VW Speed featured the car also? I have not seen the mag yet if they have.
Old March 1st 2011, 13:23

Congratulations again Kevin! Yes, VW Speed featured the car also it seems they used the same pics as ultra vw.Here´s the cover:

http://vw-speed.de/vwo//show.php3?id...ca786a2bfbe20f

Last edited by 70Turbobug; March 1st 2011 at 13:49.
Old March 1st 2011, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Congratulations again Kevin! Yes, VW Speed featured the car also it seems they used the same pics as ultra vw.Here´s the cover:

http://vw-speed.de/vwo//show.php3?id...ca786a2bfbe20f
Hey thanks alot.
Now all I need to do is find out how to get a couple of copies.... As for the pictures, Stephan Stanzi shot the car for both magazines and a couple of others that wanted pics.
It's ok with me I'm very glad that soo many magazines wanted to feature it. I say very humbly "something like this car should be enjoyed be as many people as possible"
Old March 1st 2011, 21:07

kevin, what would be involved in doing that setup on a 62 beetle? i have been doing some reading over on the samba. i still have some questions. sorry to hijack the thread.
Old March 2nd 2011, 01:27

Kevin, PM me an adress and I'll send you a couple of copies.

Mark
Old March 2nd 2011, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
kevin, what would be involved in doing that setup on a 62 beetle? i have been doing some reading over on the samba. i still have some questions. sorry to hijack the thread.
The kit is realy simple to install. There is a little trimming done to the bulkhead, then our bulkhead assembly slips down over the stock one. A couple of measurements and some welding and your ready to install your brakes, wheels and tires. The average guy can install one in an afternoon.
Old March 3rd 2011, 13:19

If you want one of our High Performance a-arm kits or our rear kit here is the link to our add on the Samba
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1076832
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1076832
Old March 11th 2011, 08:00

The rear kit is actually here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1103802

What are the differences and considerations between the front and rear kits at US$3,300 and US$2,400, respectively, and the full chassis? (I can't find the link I once had but I believe the price was in the US$9,900 range.)

Also, I am not really familiar with VIN's and Type 1's that are not Super Beetles. I know the VIN is typically located on older Type 1's on the chassis (maybe later ones and Super's also). How does one handle the VIN for the DMV with a full Mendeola chassis?

Or, if one uses the front and rear kits, is the chassis VIN still in play for use?
Old March 16th 2011, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
The rear kit is actually here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1103802

What are the differences and considerations between the front and rear kits at US$3,300 and US$2,400, respectively, and the full chassis? (I can't find the link I once had but I believe the price was in the US$9,900 range.)

Also, I am not really familiar with VIN's and Type 1's that are not Super Beetles. I know the VIN is typically located on older Type 1's on the chassis (maybe later ones and Super's also). How does one handle the VIN for the DMV with a full Mendeola chassis?

Or, if one uses the front and rear kits, is the chassis VIN still in play for use?
The kits are so the average guy can install them on their own, complete chassis are assembled by us, either onto your exissisting pan or one that we supply. Our full Mendeola chassis are built onto original VW center tunnels. What we do is purchase a donor car and strip it (including the pan halves) then have it sendblasted to bare metal so we can inspect it for any structual rust or damage. Once the tunnel passes inspection we then install our front and rear kits, replace the pan halves and powder coat the chassis. So the vin remains Volkswagen from start to finish.
Old March 19th 2011, 03:01

Fantastic. It looks like a piece of art to a layman like me. I love it. Thanks!
Old March 21st 2011, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBock View Post
Got a nice surprise a few days ago.....received some very generous ink over in Hungary

And maybe I'm the only one here who understands what they have written about the car
I wanted to post it here when I got the Magazine but you were faster
Old March 21st 2011, 22:09

You are indeed correct! I like to look at the pictures My wife and I spent 10 days in Budapest back in 2008 and had a great time. Pretty much played tourist the whole time but had some really unique and fun experiences.

Would love to go back..........and maybe hit the CR also. You ever make it to the States?

Tim
Old March 27th 2011, 12:58

Hey Kevin, did you get the magazines I sent you? It´s been about 3-4 weeks,so they should have gotten there by now (hopefully).