GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 24th 2003, 21:51

Guess who's been nice for christmas!!!

Hi everyone, I got news from the Wizard owner I found on the internet. Here's what he wrote me about the conversion:

"The lights are CLK and sawn in half. They are mounted into 2" oversized fibreglass wings, with the headlamp bowls removed. On the inside of the wings there are mounting points fibreglassed on. So the light can bolt from the inside. The mechanism to adjust the lights was mostly removed to allow better clearance. The headlamp bulbs were also mofified slightly to allow
clearance of those 17" alloys.

They mounted side lights and orange bulbs into the lamps for the
sidelights. As these would have been in the second set of lights originally on a CLK.

As the lamp units are so deep i had problems with tyre clearance for those 17s. We had to shorten the framehead to allow the beam to sit further back at an angle to help. But even with this mod, the tyres were very VERy close
when lowered to a good height. It was drivable though. Maybe get some 35 type tyres on 17". I had 40 profiles.hope that helps!
Paul"

Like Paul says, I hope this can help you! I'll ask him if he has pictures of the inside of his fenders, to see whatit looks like
Frank