GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old December 4th 2005, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul
Okay...tell us how you really feel! oicdn you hate the product, I think the product has some merit, IF USED SPARINGLY. We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject, like "BIG PEOPLE." However you could have used a little more tact and left out the last comment.
Coming from a ricer background, I absolutely HATE it when people use fake carbon. It completly RUINS any car. It's like going from savvy, to cheap, all in one leap. It automatically lets me know you cut corners on everything else....

real carbon:

fake carbon:

You can't tell me that even looks REMOTELY close to real carbon.....it's so tacky. And that's on a motorcycle bar end, where it would be used sparingly...and it STILL LOOKS LIKE CRAP.

Even if you(used speaking generally, not pointed at you) had the worlds hottest bug, I'de make fun of you cause you spent all this money on the rest of your car, then went half *** with fake carbon fiber....

90% of the time, you get the carbon version for the bling (I mean really, who buys carbon running boards, then paints them, or got them for thier lightweight?). Why would you buy FAKE bling? Carbon makes people look at it. When it's fake, people will look....then laugh.

Last edited by oicdn; December 4th 2005 at 21:35.
Old December 5th 2005, 11:04

OICDN, your points are well taken. I do not think for one minute anyone would argue with you over the fact that the product isn't real C/F, or even remotely looks like c/f.

To each his own over what someone does to their car. I guess if I use it on the ebrake push button, the dash knobs, and bezels for the window winders, and interior door handles on my oval, I'll have to face the fact that someone somewhere will think it looks like crap.
Oh well........
Old December 5th 2005, 11:25

OICDN, I'm glad to hear you've converted.

Coming from that background I can see your point on the over use of C/F and using something fake. I also feel if you gonna spend $$$ and time on your bug to make it stand out then covering running boards in this product is a joke. However if you can't manufacture or find someone to make C/F ebrake handle, knobs or window cranks then maybe a "FAKE" product like this would work. Is it cutting corners, heck ya, that is the purpose.

I for one will try to buy or make my own stuff, that’s if I can learn to make it and make it well. But if I can't then I will go the fake route for those subtle spots. Its funny, 5 years ago this would not have been a topic in a VW bug forum. Times change

By the way Zen I like the C/F boards. I’m debuting whether to use them myself, my wife is stuck on factory look. I'm slowly easing in the GermanLook she just don't know it yet.
Old December 6th 2005, 00:44
i hate oicdn

i think oicdn is gay and is discrimating against people that cant afford "real" c/f. i mean come on OICDN where have you come from that allows you to say the type of things that you do?

im old school baby.
Old December 6th 2005, 00:45

LOL...that's awesome... :agree:
Old December 6th 2005, 09:15

No offense I_Hate_OICDN, but get off the forum.....
Old December 6th 2005, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8_dude
No offense I_Hate_OICDN, but get off the forum.....
done. these boards have been known for be tactful. let's keep it that way. i normally won't censor (as I can't stand censoring) and frankly the post was fine, but going out of your way to register for a username like that and hiding behind it was a little over the top.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 6th 2005, 10:35

Good call Zen. No place for that junk on here.

On the lighter side...
I hate people who hate people .
(this makes just as much sense as calling someone "gay" as a slur, and then accusing them of being discriminating )

Jeff-
VKG Bastage child
Old December 6th 2005, 13:48

Justice served
Old December 6th 2005, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelfantastic
Good call Zen. No place for that junk on here.

Jeff-
I have to agree with that. :agree:
Old December 6th 2005, 15:31

It was only a matter of time before something like that happened here. I've been on this forum for over three years and all of us have been grown ups on here. But this is the internet and there will always be a tough guy behind a keyboard. Good job Zen :agree: .
Old December 7th 2005, 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Coming from a ricer background, I absolutely HATE it when people use fake carbon. It completly RUINS any car. real carbon:
IMO, using CF just for the sake of showing it is just as bad as using the fake stuff. A CF button in the middle of a oil filler cap, what purpose does it serve?
Old December 8th 2005, 07:52

I wouldn't buy that filler cap, but it was a good example of what real carbon looks like for illustrative purposes compared to the fake stuff.

IMO, useless carbon in places like that, is better than fake carbon ANYWHERE. But I know what you're talking about. It's like accessorizing overkill....it's just horrible.
Old December 8th 2005, 12:41

I think I could live with the product that this disscusion is about.

The fake c/f you posted a pic of looks horrible.

Last edited by Soul; December 8th 2005 at 12:50.
Old December 8th 2005, 18:18

That's because it's a closeup shot....the stuff you posted looks nearly the same, just glossier, so it hides how horrible it looks. The inside of that car looks cheap as hell too(sans the seats)...well that makes sense, it's a Boxter....