GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old April 23rd 2006, 13:39
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

arrrrrr another slag off of lap , sam why dont you tell him about your parts from me did you have to sand them down and bring them back up to a shine like you did on the other parts ???????, lee L.A.P
Old April 23rd 2006, 14:23

i saw some of your parts on a car at a show and am now saving to buy a few things off you, i was very impressed with it
Old April 26th 2006, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ4boy
arrrrrr another slag off of lap , sam why dont you tell him about your parts from me did you have to sand them down and bring them back up to a shine like you did on the other parts ???????, lee L.A.P

These were not from LA Performance.. The airdam on the car was from LA Performance and is still perfect... Would more than happily buy more carbon from LAPerformance.

The parts with problems were from Carbon Joe, and were fine until I left them out in the UK weather (rain then sun cooked salty marks into them!)...
They are now sealed properly, so shouldnt suffer from this issue again... Dont believe they were waxed or lacquered!!! (so unprotected)

Sorry I didnt clarify this in the initial post, which wasnt posted as a slag off, more as a how to for others who may experience this issue.

**EDIT - I think I have (yet again) managed to get the wrong end of the stick.... BugFOOL was doing the slagging.

Cheers,
SAm C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Old April 27th 2006, 16:50
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

sam mate was not directed at you, i just wanted you to tell everyone that my airdam didnt need the work , like the other c/f parts.
see what this fool has caused on here. Lee.
Old July 5th 2006, 15:17

Well I finally got around to re-clearing my C/F running boards and while I too didnt take any before pics they did come out really well for using rattle can clear coat.
I did pretty much what SAMCAT did but I haven't done the last step of lightly wet sanding them to get out any imperfections or orange peel.

The running boards got totally destroyed while the car sat at a shop OUTSIDE for nearly 2 years. Hot California sun oxidized and whitened them and no matter what i did they wouldnt stay shiny for long.

Now they look just like new and I am very pleased with the results.

Not bad for spending under $10 in materials to do it all!

Enjoy the pics

*note* these are are Carbon Joe running boards and I dont want people thinking that his parts aren't durable. This happened because of neglect on my part not craftsmanship. Just want everyone to know that because I have other parts from him that were on the car at the same time and they didnt oxidize.

Old July 6th 2006, 20:13

sounds like a good, short tech article for someone willing to pull it together. (hint, hint) let me know if you are interested and i will give you some info on how to post.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design