GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old August 9th 2012, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
The reverse cut idea is very clever and I admire Treibler for producing it but what puts me off at the moment is the fact that it has not had much real world use/abuse,plus if he ever decided to stop making them and I needed a replacement I would be back to sqaure one.
Gday Graham, there's more and more cars getting Subagears conversions here in Aus, just many owners aren;t on forums so you don't hear about them much.

There was a buggy racing at the track at this last weekends VW show.
It had the WRX turbo engine and subagears box with big offroad tyres and flogging around the track he managed to toast the clutch a bit but not hurt the trans at all.

It is a valid concern though that if a replacement R&P were ever needed down the track if the company ceased to exist may be tricky but I also think the R&P would be one of the last parts of a transmission that would fail.
Old August 17th 2012, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Gday Graham, there's more and more cars getting Subagears conversions here in Aus, just many owners aren;t on forums so you don't hear about them much.

It had the WRX turbo engine and subagears box with big offroad tyres and flogging around the track he managed to toast the clutch a bit but not hurt the trans at all.

It is a valid concern though that if a replacement R&P were ever needed down the track if the company ceased to exist may be tricky but I also think the R&P would be one of the last parts of a transmission that would fail.
Thanks for that Joel,I think i've made up my mind to defo go g50 now though. I almost picked one up the other day for £1200 but got beaten to it .
Old August 17th 2012, 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

Thanks for that Joel,I think i've made up my mind to defo go g50 now though. I almost picked one up the other day for £1200 but got beaten to it .
Old September 10th 2012, 00:37

WRX and Porsche g50 help and parts list

Got myself a G50 long nose.Started giving it a good clean and found some cracks on the bell housing around the starter position rung the guy I got it from he was fine about it and I genuinely believe he didn't know about the cracking.Just waiting for him to get another box or bell-housing in to replace it.The engine builder is half way through putting the engine together .

Final Spec.

EJ 205 Block ( 2004 STI )
version 4 STI Heads
Williams Steel H beam rods
ARP bolts
STI Forged pistons
STI cross drilled crank
ACL Duraglide bearings
High pressure oil pump
IHI vf24 Turbo
High pressure fuel pump and filter
this should deliver the power smoothly and should be good for 320-330 BHP

Kennedy adapter kit will be ordered as soon as I have sorted my gearbox.